Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My simple gasifier, running a engine.

Started by TommeyLReed, January 12, 2011, 05:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug1

No ,Im just starting to play with the concept. I am trying to build a unit to run a forge and pull off some of the waste heat for domestic use.Also Im starting to lean toward the J channel stove deisgn sort of. The producer gas has to be cooled and cleaned regardless before it is used.Adding HO would just make it blow up bigger if it did back fire.
A better fuel deliver system would be more productive, something that could handle full size fire wood but burn slow and very hot. I tried to add another chamber to a rocket stove and it helped to increase the temp while slowing the fuel consumption.
Sloss furnace in Alabama works off the same princeables.Those reactors required three foot thick fire brick walls and would glow for days even after it was shut down.It used three stages of reburn.

Doug1

After spending a couple hours playing I think you could just as easily feed some of the gas back to the reactor to raise the temp enough to completely crack all the tars and split the h20 reducing the biomass quantity required.Resulting a shorter heating up time and even less fuel.

gdez

Almost like a reflux  setup on a still. Can you do a flow diagram for that?

Doug1

gdez
I will give the drawing a wirl in the beginning of the week.It's supposeed to rain then so I wont be outside doing anything. Last night I did notice there is a point where it burns totally clean on my test bed gassifier.If you dont cool down the gas it wont lite so I have not done that yet.Just working out how the burn behaves and the length of time per volume of wood.A 6 inch tube 2 feet long filled with sticks about 2 inches thinck cut into 1 foot lengths burned for 6 hours.All junk wood from cut limbs mixed veriety.Used a small squirel cage fan to draw the gas off. At some point I want to use a water heater tank for a bigger down tube which would hold double or more fuel. Then I can incorperate the reburn jet into the throat of that unit. The J tube part will take the place of the open shaker  space for the exhaust gas.

Doug1

Here are few pics of it so far.My original design has already changed too much for the drawing to be relavent.
Just the burn chamber without the hot air exchanger which will be another drum around this unit run to a forced air duct system.The producer gas will be fed first to gas fired water heater with the gas parts removed to transfer the heat from the exhaust to the water then to a columb style water cooled condenser then part to a vacuum pump for compression and the rest back into the fire. Tested the burn everything works pretty good.Quarter volume of wood ran 6 hrs.It only has a 1 1/2 inch exhaust port which is being changed out to a 4 inch with gang valves. Work is taking me away for few months so it will be finished later in the summer.Sooner if the world economy falls apart.