Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

COLD FUSION SUCCESS

Started by riccardom70, January 14, 2011, 03:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wings

mscoffman

Quote from: TEKTRON on July 07, 2011, 01:50:34 AM
The "E CAT"atalyst in my opinion is nothing more then Raney Nickel, A very well known catalyst in hydrogenation reactions.
Raney nickel is "sponge metal nickel" 

The stated transmutations of Ni to Cu may be related to contamination by leaching of the copper containment vessel.

Sorry, didn't mean to place this on you personalty, but I didn't know where to place this???

Hi!

Nickel Metal Catalyst is pyrophoric - meaning it can ignite on contact
with oxygen in the air. I just can't see surface roughness as being
sufficient to cause that ability. From my understanding Raney process
means amalgamating two metals together then dissolving away the
non-nickel component metal with acid. This creates kind of a fractal
nanoscopic roughness - I can see why you would want that in a
Catalyst, just not that would take things to ignition. It seems
as if energy is increased some other way.

As for migration of copper - I thought of that too - interestingly
only the one isotope of natural copper shows up.

But to the idea of activation, it may explain the transmuted
metal if a lot of irradiation flux is required...They simply
irradiated it until 1/3 of the material is transmuted.
If the reactor is irradiated from inside with a probe
it might make the shielding on Rossi's reactor a necessity
to keep the outside of the reactor from becoming radioactive
during the process also, the Boron might be explained as a
converter target. I'm not really a studied physicist.

Also I feel I have some evidence. I have difficulty believing
that "raw" nickel metal in a hydrogen atmosphere can LENR.
As folks would have seen it. (hydrogen->metal for use as fuel tanks etc.)
But I think there is evidence that an "activated" platinum
filament does it's LENR thing when exposed to hydrogen.
Time will tell...

I just don't like Rossi making our understanding more difficult
then it already is.

Earthrise

We are all be just guessing about the composition of the Piantelli device's catalyst. I am more and more preferring to call the device by the name of the actual inventor. We will be continuing to guess even after the device as proffered by Rossi ever goes to market.

Rossi intends on including a self destruct mechanism to the device to stop anyone from reverse engineering it.

All this depends on Rossi and Defkalion actually coughing up a working device. As I have mentioned earlier in the thread, Rossi wasn't able to deliver working Thermoelectric Generator modules to a US client. We will all see soon. It will be an interesting sideshow, even if nothing comes of it.

Of course, Rossi imay not be the only player in the game. On May 28, 2008, Blacklight Power,Inc. announced that they have a 50 kW prototype ready to take commercial. That was over three years ago. Where is it? More vapor and smoke.

Earthrise

I was looking at the video from Blacklight showing the duplication of their process in Rowan University. The analysis of the experiment were that 1 Megajoule of excess power was produced. Being the devil's advocate and trying to show that the heat is from the formation of nickel hydride:

The enthalpy from the chemical formation of nickel and hydrogen to nickel hydride is -8790 joule/mol. It would require forming 6.9 kg of nickel hydride to produce 1 Megajoule of energy. There was only 1 kg of nickel powder present in the vessel. There isn't enough catalyst to produce that much energy.

Rossi used 50 grams of catalyst. That would produce  7.49 Kilojoules of energy if it were all converted to nickel hydride. At 14 Kw output power, it would have powered the device for about 1/2 of a second.

Earthrise

I would direct your attention to the Widom-Larson Theory http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Widom-Larsen.php

It the theory has any validity in accurately describing what is going on in the Nickel Hydrogen reactor, it would suggest that a light element needs to be present in the nickel matrix.

The theory describes lithium thermal neutron capture. Boron with its larger cross section works better.