Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

COLD FUSION SUCCESS

Started by riccardom70, January 14, 2011, 03:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billmehess

After reading "The White Paper" Rossi's discovery is completely removing itself from the E-Cat being able to work because of some level of cold fusion being obtained. They are now saying that the reaction is due to a exothermic reaction between the nickel and hydrogen with there still unannounced catalyst. 
Frankly I think this is a very positive step forward as cold fusion would have been difficult to proof and accept. A strickly "chemical" reaction" seems more rationial and more possible to bring to fruitation. The first paragraph above in this article still mentions cold fusion but I think thats about to change. 
This could get very interesting! Right now they say that they can produce only heat and are making some extraordinary claims regarding output vs input. Time will tell about this. Of course the goal is to couple the heat output to produce power. Things appear to be moving in an orderly manner. All this nonsence about the evil oil cartels is counter productive, if this new technology turns out to be real it will be an avalanche that cannot be stopped by anyone

pix

@All
More and more I am being sure that there is no any secret catalyst and I am thinking this is a cover story just to keep people thinking about catalyst- and meanwhile get as many  bucks as possible.Patent pending process is "buying a time" for Rossi, and meanwhile he is doing a lot of working device presentations to get investors.
Reading Piantelli and Focardi papers ( those are the fathers of invention)- Rossi will not get a patent on the process and catalyst because there is no catalyst, and process is already patented by Piantelli.
Piantelli and Focardi did their experiments with solid rods of Ni- and mentioned that secret lies in proper surface of Ni rod preparation and proper vacuum annealing to get rid of all dissolved gases and impurities.To be exact- clusters of Ni atoms on the surface must be of proper size and free from dissolved gases..
What did Rossi so he has a much bigger energy gains?
Simple- he uses Ni powders. Reaction surface area is huge compared to Piantelli rods.
Then, to dissolve H2 gas to atomic H+ ions- Nickel is doing that in a high temperature.
Then- (what I think)it comes to Blacklightpower part- Nickel atoms accept electron from atomic H amd makes it "shrunk" to lower state creating hydrino.This alone gives off excess energy.
Then uncertain part- what I think lower energy H atom (Mills hydrino) because of smaller size gets more easily into cluster structure of Ni transition metal and due to lattice vigorous vibrations at high temperature some nuclear reactions may take place.This is my guessing and there is still no exact explanation theory what is going on really.
Blacklightpower process is similiar but somewhat different.Mills cell (Thermacore patent) utilizes small nickel rod, heated to elevated temperature to dissolve introduced H2 into H+, and then atomic H reacts with one of the catalysts, like K3+. So process is similiar but scale and reaction area in Rossi attempt is simply HUGE.And correctly prepared Nickel powder is doing all job.
Tungsten metal at high temperature also dissolves H2 into atomic H+, and Mills was used Tungsten in his cells also.
But IF (big IF) there is any catalyst in Rossi E-Cat, that would be one of Blacklightpower ones.
Too many coincidences.

Regards,
Pix

nickle989

Lets start the reverse engineer process ... what do we see

The electronics look like PWM that are used for CNC machines (I know because they look somewhat like mine) this would make sense.

The pipes are just copper along with the chambers that can be bought at plumbing stores.  They are soldered together from what looks like a silver solder which can have a few differnet properties, not brazed together that is forsure.  The copper fittings and vessels have gotten hot enought to produce the oxide flaking, this would be from the soldering process.  This would also occur on the inside of the pipes and fittings.

The valves are made of stainless steel and use teflon seals.

The catalyst is most likely the copper itself, it could also be the silver, tin or lead in the solder.  It could also be a piece of a catalytic coverter from a car droped into one of the chambers, but I don't think so. 

I believe it has some thing to do with the frequency of the voltage being applied in combination with rest.  It could be that the hydrogen is being ignited with some of the oxygen in the closed chamber and then having the bond broken again.  This would certainly produce alot of heat with minimal loss.  The nickel powder would make this bond easier to be broken.

some of my thoughts on it

Omega_0

@pix
It does not matter if there is none, as long as it produces COP>6 (or whatever). It can be simple Palladium powder or anything that sucks in H2. I'd let Rossi have some money. World needs it badly.

Defkalion has set up a forum and many skeptics are posting there. Reminds you of some other failed co.? ;)

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Some more 'me-too' cos are popping up.
http://www.brillouinenergy.com/

They have similar method like ECat but COP is much less, still OU. Their advisory board seems impressive, but I have no way of telling whether these are real people. May be someone in US can find out.

Blacklight power is another one. (No success I guess ?)

It seems many academics and gov people are involved in ECat. It looks promising, fingers crossed.

I do not trust the mainstream for 'fringe' sciences. They are good at whatever is already established and works. Outside that they are just like an ordinary person. The example of DWave is a good one. Mainstreamers, especially media, mocked them as soon as it appeared. It turns out that they really have a quantum computer for sale, after the Lockheed deal it is confirmed.

I have more respect for the fellow with a single idea who gets there than for the fellow with a thousand ideas who does nothing - Thomas Alva Edison

pix

Hi Omega,
I just try to put some bits of information from here and there together. I have been keeping an eye on Blacklightpower for a long time. They are up to something yet no usable device so far.Mills did put  too much effort to develop theoretical explanation over many years, instead of trying to engineer device into market.
In 1995 Piantelli,Focardi et all. put first patent for excess energy from Ni-H. They did put a lot of papers for this phenomena.Then we have also Mills around this subject- exotic fractional states of hydrogen.
No any sign of Rossi at that time.
Suddenly- kabooom! Rossi comes on the scene with poor Focardi behind him.
Rossi seems to be just clever guy that put bits of information from others together and did managed to amplify energy gain enormously.
Since he is not revealing all the information I am trying to crack what's going on.
As I said, it is my guessing, but too many things are coincidentially common in Rossi device.
The major difference from Piantelli and Mills is that Rossi is using specially treated powders of Nickel- and as reaction surface is by orders of magnitude larger- so is the energy output.
In a clever way he just improved design to maximize energy output.
What is really going on inside this reactor- still no final explanation.I could only guess and this is my private opinion.
Anyway, I will do my own research.Two stage vacuum pump, some valves, tubes, Nickel nanopowder, hydrogen bottle- it is not too complicated setup to play with if you have technical skills and some refrigeraton experience.

Regards,
Pix