Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

LaFonte Research Group New Pseudo Solid Rotor Video on Youtube

Started by Butch LaFonte, January 31, 2011, 05:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumen

I think this concept could be along the right track in the fact that the disks never leave the field. Appears to be easy enough to test.

Omnibus

Any design of a magnetic motor involving mechanical switching, such as this one, is doomed. Even @Roober33's which was one of the most interesting so far, much better in terms of handling frinction than the one under discussion, has mechanical problems which can hardly be overcome. The successful solution should be sought along the lines of Steorn's Orbo, using "switches" based on the inherent asymmetries in the materials used and avoiding mechanical overcoming the sticky spot like the plague. Mechanical magnet motors such as Torbay's, also a better design than the one proposed here, may work but the fine-tuning of such motors to make it work is hell of a job, barely possible under the substandard conditions almost everyone here is working.

lumen

Quote from: Omnibus on January 31, 2011, 06:55:23 PM
Any design of a magnetic motor involving mechanical switching, such as this one, is doomed. Even @Roober33's which was one of the most interesting so far, much better in terms of handling frinction than the one under discussion, has mechanical problems which can hardly be overcome. The successful solution should be sought along the lines of Steorn's Orbo, using "switches" based on the inherent asymmetries in the materials used and avoiding mechanical overcoming the sticky spot like the plague. Mechanical magnet motors such as Torbay's, also a better design than the one proposed here, may work but the fine-tuning of such motors to make it work is hell of a job, barely possible under the substandard conditions almost everyone here is working.

I agree this will likely not work well in a high speed application, but think of it as a power stroke of about 50Newtons about once a second, or maybe a method to extend a weight outward on a gravity wheel to obtain a continuous rotation with increased torque. There are plenty of uses for a large spring push if it takes no energy to rewind it!
Or possibly like a piston in a rotary wheel connected to a center cam and rotated as the wheel rotates much like the gravity wheel concept.

Omnibus

I don't think that it would work at all due to the friction which cannot be overcome by the low excess energy produced. Many of us here have enough experience with these machines to know not to waste time with such designs.