Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

NEWBIE Needs direction and assistance building a wind generator!

Started by Northern-Lights, January 27, 2011, 07:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern-Lights

Northern-Lights

OK, another "stupid" question.

I would like to "build" some kind of cheap and easily built wind turbine that is just small, and will deliver a bit of current to my batteries to keep them well charged, and I'm wondering what the best way to go is.

Should I rebuild an old furnace motor by removing the core, and modifying it with magnets to generate power, OR, should I build the type where the magnets are mounted to a spinning wooden (or other material) disc that is in close proximity to another disk that does not spin, with the many small coils of wire attached to it?

I"m not sure which is easier, and which will deliver the best results for the efforts spent in making it, and additionally, I do not have any special machine shop tools, just basic hand tools ect, so I am wondering if it IS possible for me to change the core of a furnace motor to allow the addition of magnets anyhow, so I'm torn as to which one I should "attempt" to tackle first.

Also, I'm confused about the magnets, where to find them cheapest, which ones you can get away with using, what the minimum "N" value would be (N38 as compared to N42 for example) that you can use and still have good power output. I know you get what you pay for, but is there a basic "set price range" for these magnets on a scale that you can compare to assure your getting a good deal?

Thanks!

Chris ;)

Cherryman

This one is i think one of the easiest.

A 30 minutes tutorial to modify a Ac motor to DC, a little different from the ceiling fan types.

The guy talks a lot, but its useful info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRnhFvu9PXo

Edit:

There is no "easy" way if you want it cheap but usable and durable.  It is all related:

- Power needs
- Fan blade configuration efficiency
- Avarage windspeed at location height
- Seize / type of generator
- Noise level

Claculate all that, add 20%