Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is there proof gravity can not be a energy source?

Started by brian334, February 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omnibus

Quote from: exnihiloest on February 09, 2011, 04:11:25 AM
4 statements above, 2 false assertions due to ignorance or stupidity. 

There is energy in the gravity field. Gravity is not force.
When two bodies attract one each other, and accelerate, energy is taken from their gravitational field, whose energy density decreases while the field redistributes in space, changing of topology due to the bodies movement.
Gravity field energy density is: D = g²/(8*pi*G). 
It is the same as the energy density of an electric field (1/2*epsilon0 * E2) or magnetic field (1/(2*mu0) * B2). It is a general law when fields are the source of 1/r2 forces.

Now the above is nothing short of sheer crap. There's a reason why I'm so adamant when telling off this confused element going by the handle @exnihiloest. His aggressive confusion and incompetence can be really damaging for people already confused enough to be pounced by another blind leading the blind.

The formuli above are akin to gravitational potential energy. The fact that a body in a gravitational field placed at rest at a given position in this field has gravitational potential energy does not at all mean that gravity is a source of energy. It is absolutely not true that a body at rest in a field of gravity does anything to the gravity, depleting it in some way. Nor does a body deplete gravity when moving under the action of that force. It has to be understood once and for all, there is potential energy connected with gravity (as with other fields detived from a potential) but gravity is not a source of energy, it is not a pool of energy which can be depletednto do work. Gravity is force which is different from energy and that force can do work provided it induces displacement of a body with mass. Therefore, not only there's no proof that gravity is a source of energy but such proof cannot even be sought for because energy and force are incompatible when trying to equate them.

tagor

Quote from: ResinRat2 on February 09, 2011, 06:35:51 AM
So the question is answered.

a well-known proof is Hydroelectricity

look at the strong rain falling on the ground and you see the power

and look at the Gwatt of electricity produced ( approximately 20% of the world's electricity )

************  THE END  ************

(PLEASE let it be the end of this thread)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroelectricity

ResinRat2

Quote from: tagor on February 09, 2011, 11:35:07 AM

a well-known proof is Hydroelectricity

and look at the Gwatt of electricity produced ( approximately 20% of the world's electricity )

************  THE END  ************

(PLEASE let it be the end of this thread)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroelectricity

I thought it was over but I guess not.

The actual energy for this comes from the sun that evaporates the water and runs the weather cycle that brings in the rain and deposits the water at higher elevations so a waterfall can exist. So the energy is only indirectly produced from gravity.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

exnihiloest

Quote from: tagor on February 09, 2011, 11:35:07 AM

It is not a proof. The solar energy is the primary source of rain: water evaporation, then condensation, fall on earth and the cycle continues. The energy of gravity is not concerned, it is balanced, the same mass of water that falls, had been raised before by the sun energy.

exnihiloest

Quote from: Omnibus on February 09, 2011, 11:01:56 AM
Now the above is nothing short of sheer crap. There's a reason why I'm so adamant when telling off this confused element going by the handle @exnihiloest. His aggressive confusion and incompetence can be really damaging for people already confused enough to be pounced by another blind leading the blind.

http://tinyurl.com/4h7n5pn

The formuli above are akin to gravitational potential energy. The fact that a body in a gravitational field placed at rest at a given position in this field has gravitational potential energy does not at all mean that gravity is a source of energy. It is absolutely not true that a body at rest in a field of gravity does anything to the gravity, depleting it in some way. Nor does a body deplete gravity when moving under the action of that force. It has to be understood once and for all, there is potential energy connected with gravity (as with other fields detived from a potential) but gravity is not a source of energy, it is not a pool of energy which can be depletednto do work. Gravity is force which is different from energy and that force can do work provided it induces displacement of a body with mass. Therefore, not only there's no proof that gravity is a source of energy but such proof cannot even be sought for because energy and force are incompatible when trying to equate them.

Blah blah blah, an act of faith asserted arbitrarily, not scientific because refutable elements are not provided. I don't discuss Coran sourats.