Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is there proof gravity can not be a energy source?

Started by brian334, February 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinn_MP

Quote from: Omnibus on February 08, 2011, 02:21:46 PM
The point is the following: thermodynamics only considers the energy of the ball itself, that is, how much energy a ball has at a given moment. When lifting the ball at the moment it reaches height h it not only has energy of position mgh but also has kinetic energy (1/2)mv^2. The ball has it, right? Thus, the ball at height h in this case has energy mgh + (1/2)mv^2. If we decide to keep it at height h, have it there at rest, the ball now will only have energy mgh and if we then let it go back to the floor only that energy mgh will be recovered. The kinetic energy (1/2)mv^2 will not be recovered. There is nothing that can comensate for the kinetic energy (1/2)mv^2 which was lost by the ball. That's a violation of CoE in purely classical terms, inherent in theoretical mechanics. Is that clearer?

I'm not sure for how long will people here tolerate such a BS.

It's quite obvious that this OmniBus doesn't have a clue what he's been preaching here and elsewhere, for years.
It's sad...

Omnibus

Obviously what is not to be tolerated by people is gibberish as that in the above post. That person impudently continues to clutter the thread with his nonsense and someone should put a stop to that.

ResinRat2

Quote from: Omnibus on February 08, 2011, 02:21:46 PM
The kinetic energy (1/2)mv^2 will not be recovered. There is nothing that can comensate for the kinetic energy (1/2)mv^2 which was lost by the ball. That's a violation of CoE in purely classical terms, inherent in theoretical mechanics. Is that clearer?

OK, if you can picture the ball raising up. This time I will give it some velocity while it's in your hand. As long as your hand is pushing it at a specific velocity it has that momentum; but as soon as your hand places the ball down on say a shelf at a higher level, the momentum is gone because the hand no longer is pushing it at a velocity. This doesn't violate the laws of physics at all. Your hand was the force that kept the momentum going. Now the force is gone.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

brian334

The topic is - is there proof gravity can not be a energy source.

Omnibus

Again, it is the energy of the ball itself (not of anything else, hand and such) that is considered when pondering about CoE. Undoubtedly, when you're lifting the ball at bring it to height h the ball does have potential energy there (at height h) equal to mgh but it has also a kinetic energy there (at height h) equal to (1/2)mv^2. That is undeniable. The ball itself, not anything else, has under these conditions energy mgh + (1/2)mv^2 the that height h. Now, you hve decided ahead of time that when you lift the ball at height h you'll freeze your hand there (at height h). It is indeed what you are doing but, again, we're interested in what happens with the energy of the ball frozen at that height h. Now, being frozen at height h has no more kinetic energy (1/2)mv^2 simply bevause you (mind you, 'you') have stopped it from moving. Thus, the ball at height h only has energy mgh to recover. The kinetic energy (1/2)mv^2 is lost. It cannot be recovered. CoE is violated.