Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla HV Coil

Started by TheCell, February 09, 2011, 03:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bboj

@ THE CELL - I am sorry I was a bit too quick with my post.
What I wanted to say was that if it is a Tesla coil configuration and you want the points of max excitations on the ends of the coil(tesla coil) the excitation f and the speed of the propagation of impuses c determines the lenght of the coil. The no of turns is not important, the lenght is. The impulse travels from the beginning of the coil - wire and back. So the higher the f the shorter a coil.

TinselKoala

A Tesla secondary should use a length of wire that is equal to a quarter-wavelength of the excitation frequency. The number of turns comes into play when deciding whether to use a short-fat form, or a tall-skinny form. Substantial energy can be stored in inter-turn capacitance. In a short fat coil, there is more voltage difference between adjacent windings than there is in a tall skinny coil. Short fat coils work better for maximum power transfer between primary and secondary. Tall skinny coils work better for transmitting power across space, as in  this small Tesla power plant.

This power plant is drawing only a few Watts (35 or so here) from the mains, and yet it will light up as many fluorescent bulbs as you can hold near it. Turn up the power (by opening the gap, bottom right, now nearly completely closed) and the range increases proportionally.