Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

RotoMax Rotary Engine... Tesla - Wankel - Mason HHO Hybrid

Started by evolvingape, February 28, 2011, 02:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evolvingape

Hello Everyone,

Here is an idea for a Steam powered RotoMax.

I was thinking about the conversation for desert hydrating and solar panels may not be the best option.

Here is a solar powered parabolic mirror, that could be used on a large scale to boil water:

http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2011/02/solar-death-ray-power-of-5000-suns.html#

So you take an old satellite dish, stick thousands of these mirror mosaic tiles to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1000-SILVER-Mirrors-Mosaic-Tiles-Art-Supplies-1-2-/370489487628?pt=Mosaic_Tiles&hash=item5642e4f10c

Make a pressure container for steam with a clear window in the side to focus the beam through. As the focal point is in the centre of the steam chamber and not the clear wall it should not melt.

Some kind of Pyrex might be a good option as its optically clear and made for high temperatures.

The K Valve then becomes our Pulse Trigger for a 12 valve RotoMax.

If the O-rings inside the K Valve cannot handle the temperature of the Steam then there may be some other options.

Have a look here and scroll down to near the bottom and there are two entries for Steam...

> 149 C and < 149 C

http://www.allorings.com/compatibility.htm

So, we might be able to use the power of the Sun to create Steam Pressure to run a RotoMax, that if coupled directly to a Tesla Turbine Pump, would pump the seawater.

This method could also be used to distil the salt and impurities out of the water. Pure water for drinking, growing food, heating, and hydrating the desert.

So anyone see any problems with implementing this idea ?

RM :)

Cherryman

Eehmm...   Clouds ?   ;D

But I'm still trying to grasp the basics of your design.

Is it a bit like a reversed vane engine/compressor?

Johan_1955

evolvingape

Hello Cherryman,

Thankyou for the reply :)

I have spent a lot of time in the deserts of Iraq and clouds are not a problem, you rarely see one, let alone enough to block out the sun for any length of time.

As this is an intended desert application clouds will not be a problem. :)

I love the animation of the vane engine compressor :) which is a variant of the Wankel type Rotor. It operates on Impulse only and so is slightly similar to my design. However since I decided on simultaneous detonation for all chambers the “vane's” are no longer needed.

The basics of the RotoMax are:

It combines the principles of Impulse, Boundary Layers, and Reaction into one engine.

It was primarily designed as a Pulse Detonation Engine with HHO in mind.

The LFV was removed to the outside of the casing to allow cooling for HHO, but the RotoMax will run on any type of fluid injection.

By utilising repeated compression and expansion phases we extract the maximum amount of Torque from the fluid before it exits the exhaust.

By using a radial disc design instead of an axial design we are able to massively reduce the cost and increase the efficiency of the Turbine.

By using a vane spacer system we are able to cross boundary layers in planes that are 90 degree out of phase with each other. This is an unknown potential at present.

By utilising Energy Conversion Winglets we are able to create a Reaction force.

So, instead of using the restriction of expansion as in a traditional combustion engine and converting that to linear travel, we are converting the combustion to rotary moment via conversion of static potential (pressure) to linear velocity in the ECV, and then repeatedly converting that velocity back to compression inside the rotor chamber.

By using a radial design we are able to magnify the equal and opposite reaction of every compression phase because it will be magnified by the potential difference ( distance of point of compression from pivot ) and create a turning moment.

We should end up with a combustion engine that operates as a single rotor turbine and combines the three main principles of operation for a turbine into one engine.

The pressure wave of a HHO combustion reaction is so fast that a Tesla Turbine would need massive discs to maximise energy transfer.

By using compression phases instead to primarily extract the energy we can control the time component of the fluid as it passes through the rotor.

RM :)

Cherryman

Hi E-Ape,

I start to get the picture,

I did some testing myself to design an engine around some HHO production, i see a lot of people trying to produce HHO to run an existing engine (which would be very handy I agree)  But i was thinking, reverse it, try to see what you can do with the HHO you can easaly produce.

The goal was to shoot an magnetic object around in circles, by HHO combustion (Or any other kind of pressure)  As you i started half way to think that the principle could be used with any kind of pressure difference.

Sadly it is on the shelf for now. I need some new motivation.

Here is a youtube of the stage i stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ObhgrNRF0

And here is my original old post about it if you are interested:

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=9048.0

But after seeing a lot of designs around here, I agree with you , If you have enough sunlight, a parabolic mirror would be the most efficient and parts friendly power-supply!   As solar panels provide around 20% efficiency, I think a parabolic mirror will top that easily. 

This guy is experimenting a lot with Fresnel and parabolic s, not rocket science, but he does some basic groundwork, explained simply:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GREENPOWERSCIENCE#g/a

Question:  Did you ever build your HHO unit? 

Good luck, I follow your progress!