Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Burning hydrocarbons will suffocate us.

Started by brian334, March 08, 2011, 06:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

brian334

After all, I do not think we are able to kill our planet - no matter how much we try

I agree we are not capable of killing our planet, but we are capable of killing ourselves.

I will ask a simple question, does burning hydrocarbons take oxygen out of the atmosphere. Yes or no?

mr_bojangles

i once saw a documentary that said over than 1/3 of the carbon dioxide converted into oxygen was done by algea and cyanobacteria in lakes and oceans

also, humans could most like survive with only 1/3 of the amount of oxygen

this implies that even if every tree in the world was cut down we would still be able to live easily, considering trees are in the lesser percentile of oxygen conversion on earth, with all the grass, weeds, flowers, etc

high altitude training suggests that even if oxygen levels were dramatically decreased, the human body responds with increases in white and red blood cells making it possible for sustained life in low levels of oxygen

cow farts are responsible for most of the methane released in the atmosphere putting people way down the list but people freak out that we burn that too
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

ResinRat2

Does burning hydrocarbons take oxygen out of the atmosphere? Technically it takes free oxygen out of the air and converts it to the compound of carbon dioxide. The oxygen is still in the atmosphere, just tied up and chemically bound with carbon. So it becomes poison to humans and animals, yet perfectly suited for use by plants and ocean plankton.

Here is a link for what happens when carbon dioxide levels are raised:

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/CO2plants.htm

Plants then grow larger and convert more carbon dioxide and water into sugars and free oxygen.

What I found interesting was that the oxygen released into the atmosphere came from the water, and the carbon dioxide became part of the sugar used by the plants through photosynthesis.

So water, carbon dioxide, photons from the sun, and warm temperatures help the release of greater amounts of oxygen into the atmosphere. Without carbon dioxide, all the photosynthesizing plants would die. They would starve to death.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Pirate88179

RR:

That is what I was taught in college.  CO2 is NOT a poison but essential to green plants, ie crops.  The more CO2, the better the crop yield and the more oxygen produced.  Isn't mother nature brilliant?  So, one might say that, the more CO2 in the atmosphere, the more oxygen will result.  Within reason, of course.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen