Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Recirculating fluid turbine invention

Started by quantumtangles, May 06, 2011, 09:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quantumtangles

Hi again Mark,

I did not answer your question fully. I have not built or tested this particular system. I no longer have funding.

I got £10,000 from a major UK university last year for research equipment.

Once they figured out I was going for gold (over-unity) they dropped the project like a hot potato  :D

I have spent pretty all my time and money buying different types of electric water pressure jets and custom built turbines. I just love it.

I quickly learnt that mucking about with turbines is the most fun you can have with a calculator.

I learnt that mass flow rates (of water) from electric pressure jets are way too low to obtain meaningful power output from impulse turbines. This despite impressive RPM when not under load (eg 3500 rpm).

This is an inevitable consequence of F=m.a

The mass flow rates of even the most powerful household electric water jets (3000w models) is about 0.00016 m3/s, which translates to about 28.6 Newtons of force (despite the fact that a 160 bar pressure washer is delivering 16,000,000 pascals = 16,000,000 N/m2 of pressure at the nozzle.

So I designed a high flow rate system. And I'm gonna use it  :)

If the pressure in the two connected tanks can be prevented from equalising by low expenditure of energy via an air compressor, it will work, and if it works people will build it.

And I will be even happier than I already am.

eisnad karm

@Quantumtangles
Having worked at a university for many years they can get a little funny about what they spend their money on, which is ironic since they are suppose to be free thinking and imaginative institutions.
There is another simple way of getting a fluid up those towers. Osmosis. It is possible with the right film to build up head pressures of over 40 meters. But alas the catch....you consume the fresh water.
I wonder if there is a membrane or a catalyst that would allow the oil and water to mix the separate? That's probably a bit abstract for now.
looking forward to the drawings and eventually the evidence you have and calculations to arrive at the numbers you have..email them if you don't want them in public.
Thanks for activating my grey cells again
Kind Regards
Mark

quantumtangles

Osmosis is an interesting idea. It could probably cope with head in meters (in terms of raising fluid) but my concern would be the flow rate in cubic meters per second.

I do not know of osmotic materials capable of delivering more than 0.00001 cubic metres per second of water flow. It would be interesting to know if they exist.

I am digging out the pump specifications (buried somewhere in my bunker). I had this awful habit of grabbing any available scrap of paper to make manuscript notes so they are scattered everywhere.

I hope to get some critical analysis of the pressure calculations in particular.

The turbine output calculations are trivial, but the pressure calculations (whether the air compressor, air gap and pressure relief valve prevent P1V1=P2V2 equalisation) are not so trivial.

A comprehensive parametric equation would be good.

But comprehensive mathematical models of thermodynamic systems can be tricky. Especially if you are the author or inventor of a system as this can lead to bias, oversight and error.

That is why I would really appreciate critical analysis of the maths next week.

Even though inevitable heat dissipation from the pumps can largely be ignored (other than to the extent positive values for entrophy are a good thing in that they at least indicate the system to be possible and also because the unit-less fraction representing overall system efficiency can be adjusted to take into account thermal energy dissipation), it is preventing pressure equalisation within the two vessels that is the key.

Kind regards,

quantumtangles

An impulse turbine made of copper alloy surrounded by adjustable neodymium magnets would be helpful for variable head variable flow situations.

In other words, the turbine and turbine housing itself becomes the alternator motor. It is a fully adjustable turbine/alternator motor in one unit.

The alloy composition has to be considered carefully. Pure copper would conduct electricity well but it is too soft and will bend or fail at high Fjet (force) values. Copper buckets would also become pitted, increasing friction and reducing efficiency.

I considered using teflon coated turbine cups in conjunction with a highly conductive copper alloy (adding tin etc).

By adjusting the distance between the turbine cups and the magnets, one can vary required torque (rotational force required) and therefore RPM to suit the Fjet value of the water jet.

A combined turbine/alternator assembly also provides a solution to the x =0.5 ratio speed limit problem (of turbine speed in m/s to water jet speed in m/s) so in very high velocity flow situations, you could reduce the distance between the copper alloy turbine and the magnets in the turbine housing to decrease the angular velocity of the turbine, thus increasing torque and keeping electrical output at maximum efficiency.

quantumtangles

I have tried to download diagrams of the system but the maximum download allowed by the site is half the size of one of the 5 diagrams, so I will figure out how to compress and post the diagrams.

In the meantime if anyone would like the diagrams sent by to them by email please let me know.