Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Muller Dynamo for experimentalists

Started by plengo, May 12, 2011, 01:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conradelektro

I am building a Muller-Romero Generator variant with 5 magnets on a rotor and 6 pairs of generator coils on two stators. The rotor will be driven by a DC-motor (2.5 to 8.4 Volt, 0.7 Ampere).

The generator coils are taken from 12 Volt relays (90 Ohm DC resistance, I also have coils with 275 Ohm DC resistance, inductance is unknown so far, I do not own a LRC meter). Because of the high number of wire turns on the relay coils, each pair of generator coils will put out a rather high Voltage (and low Amperage).

To harvest the electricity I plan to use a ferrite toroid. Each pair of generator coils has a "feed winding" on the toroid (see the attached drawing). And a "pick up winding" will take the electricity from the toroid to the DC motor (via a full bridge rectifier).

The number of turns for a "feed winding" (high number) and the number of turns for the "pick up winding" (lower number) should define the Voltage output of the "pick up winding" for the DC-motor.

The toroid and its windings should act like a step down transformer.

Because there are more generator coil pairs than magnets, the generator coils will "fire" one after the other and the "sine waves" going into the toroid will not cancel themselves out.

Please comment, I might be completely wrong.

Greetings, Conrad

nul-points

Quote from: conradelektro on May 26, 2011, 02:33:16 PM
[...]
The generator coils are taken from 12 Volt relays (90 Ohm DC resistance, I also have coils with 275 Ohm DC resistance, inductance is unknown so far, I do not own a LRC meter). Because of the high number of wire turns on the relay coils, each pair of generator coils will put out a rather high Voltage (and low Amperage).

To harvest the electricity I plan to use a ferrite toroid. Each pair of generator coils has a "feed winding" on the toroid (see the attached drawing). And a "pick up winding" will take the electricity from the toroid to the DC motor (via a full bridge rectifier).

The number of turns for a "feed winding" (high number) and the number of turns for the "pick up winding" (lower number) should define the Voltage output of the "pick up winding" for the DC-motor.

Because there are more generator coil pairs than magnets, the generator coils will "fire" one after the other and the "sine waves" going into the toroid will not cancel themselves out.
[..]
Greetings, Conrad

interesting idea - combining o/p magnetically, rather than electrically - also impedance matching the higher voltage gen coils back to a lower level to get the current drive for the motor

sounds neat - i guess you can do a basic go/no go type test with just a couple of 'channels' & see if it's feasible, before committing to a full coil set

if you don't see the same '1+ 1 = 2.5' type behaviour which Romero got when combining FWBRs, then it would suggest this method won't get you to that initial 105% (ie. before adding stator mags)

good luck!
np

http://docsfreelunch.blogspot.com
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

TEKTRON

Quote from: conradelektro on May 26, 2011, 02:33:16 PM
I am building a Muller-Romero Generator variant with 5 magnets on a rotor and 6 pairs of generator coils on two stators. The rotor will be driven by a DC-motor (2.5 to 8.4 Volt, 0.7 Ampere).

Please comment, I might be completely wrong.

Greetings, Conrad

Conrad, looks interesting but what keeps the toroid from pumping power into the other gen coils?

nul-points

Quote from: TEKTRON on May 26, 2011, 03:41:44 PM
Conrad, looks interesting but what keeps the toroid from pumping power into the other gen coils?

theoretically: nothing  (some will be distributed)

practically: impedance differential between gen coils & load?
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra

hartiberlin

@Conrad

your transformer is great for impedance matching.
As all the pulses from the pickup coils are time-interleaved you should not get any negative effects from
core saturation I think.

@Fausto.
Well maybe it is not so good to have so close and tight airgaps.

Romero had almost 0.5 to 1 cm airgaps in his design I guess ?

I think too small airgaps will also need different back stator magnet setups.

You still want to switch the flux back and forth inside the pickup coil´s ferrite cores...

So you need to have the right working point on the BH curve.
If the airgaps are too small you might not be able to switch them fully
back and forth...

Regards, Stefan.

Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum