Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Photon question?

Started by stevensrd1, May 27, 2011, 07:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IotaYodi

QuoteThat's the problem, the total amount of light energy contained in the beam isn't being tapped by a solar cell.
The materiel's used seem to be certain light frequencies dependent.

QuoteThe total energy can be tapped by splitting the light into multiple beams and/or by allowing the light of an appropriate intensity to propagate through certain materials
I would think it depends on certain frequencies more than intensity.
From what Ive read the theory is that only 30% efficiency can be obtained using the present silicone materiel's because of frequencies. Other frequencies heat the materiel up causing interference.

Quoteused a mirror and reflected another beam from the same source onto the solar panel and the power increased.
That makes sense as it seems the certain frequencies were doubled. A fun experiment would be taking a prism, then using optic fiber tapping into a certain color and focusing it on a solar cell. I would assume this has already been done.

I have taken pics of sunlight on metal through plain screening using a plain camera. Using binoculars you can focus in and have clarity on both the vertical and horizontal. I searched for months trying to find similar pics but couldnt find any. The pattern of frequencies is constantly repeated. It really is spectacular to see especially on smaller pieces of metal. I dont have a telephoto or binocular type camera. I would like to know the reason for the repeating frequencies. 

What I know I know!
Its what I don't know that's a problem!

stevensrd1

@IotaYodi   Yes I have seen what you speak of as well,,as I moved to the left or right the colors changed,,very pretty was through screen, I dont recall if metal was behind it or so on,,but I do remember seeing this. I can only assume the screen itself was splitting the color of white light, or something to that effect, very pretty however,,colorful.

gravityblock

Quote from: IotaYodi on May 29, 2011, 10:04:19 AM
The materiel's used seem to be certain light frequencies dependent.

I would think it depends on certain frequencies more than intensity.
From what Ive read the theory is that only 30% efficiency can be obtained using the present silicone material's because of frequencies. Other frequencies heat the materiel up causing interference.

Below is a quote from the article on the optical battery.  As you can see, the harvesting technique only requires lenses to focus the light and fiber to carry, and glass works for both, while transparent ceramics might be even better.  The article also stated that the material presently requires light that surpasses the sun’s natural intensity and says nothing about the material being frequency dependent.  This concept doesn't rely on silicon-based solar cells, thus there is no need to worry about certain frequencies heating up the silicon based materials to cause interference.  The transparent ceramic would take care of the heating issues in this system, thus it could operate over a much broader range of frequencies as compared to a normal solar cell, which allows the efficiency to be greatly increased. Did you read the article? 

Also, Optical wave-guiding using thermal gradients across homogeneous liquids in microfluidic channels would be another option for testing purposes instead of glass or transparent ceramics.  This method allows for radiative and inline heating while facilitating closed-loop operation. The inline heating can be naturally done in this system. The temperature difference between the channels could also be used by a Sterling engine for additional energy and to help radiate the absorbed heat to keep the channels at their optimal temperatures.  A link to this optical wave-guiding method can be found in post #3 of this thread.

QuoteFisher notes that a solar cell using this new energy harvesting technique would only require lenses to focus the light and fiber to carry it. “Glass works for both,” said Fisher, ”it’s already made in bulk, and it doesn’t require as much processing. Transparent ceramics might be even better.”
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

IotaYodi

QuoteDid you read the article?
I did now. Pretty slick but it is complicated.

QuoteThe article also stated that the material presently requires light that surpasses the sun’s natural intensity and says nothing about the material being frequency dependent.
It must be able to utilize a broader spectrum the way its made. The heat with the radiative cooling is intriguing. Definitely not doped with pnp/npn so I guess that negates any dependent frequencies.

QuoteI can only assume the screen itself was splitting the color of white light, or something to that effect, very pretty however,,colorful.
Its called diffraction. If you havent tried it with binoculars do so. You have to see a bright reflection coming off a shiny metal object. Too close of a distance you cant focus it well. You can get about the same effect at night off yard lights.
Heres a little something on diffraction and apertures for guiding light from FSU here in Florida.

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/diffraction/basicdiffraction/index.html

Great thread by the way. Im a firm believer that there is great power in the light. We just have to look at it without being blinded by conventions.   
What I know I know!

IotaYodi

What I know I know!