Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Construction of electrical cables!

Started by stoker_x1, December 30, 2011, 09:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoker_x1

I would like to ask for help in finding information, links or advice to understand why multi strands of copper wire are twisted inside an insulating material to form a single wire or cable.

If the wires are not braided or twisted, then the wires would be in a parallel configuration.  I seem to remember reading that braided or twisted wires prevent some kind of problem that parallel wires in cables produce.

I have been searching Google for several days now and can't find reference to this.  I've tried many different search terms and apparently can't find the right words.

TPU Bruce has built multi stranded cables for an experiment he is working on.  His cables consist of many strands of copper wire laid side by side and then tinned at the ends forming a cable without twist or braiding.  There must be a reason for this kind of configuration.

Qwert

Montec

Hello stoker_x1
I think the information regarding Litz wire may answer your question. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litz_wire

:)

stoker_x1

Thank you for your replies.....

I never used the term "power".  I spent two days searching wire, parallel, copper, cables, wire magnetic fields and so on and so on with many different configurations.

Power never entered my mind