Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Curious OU? transformer; Schnelzer, Turtur, Horvath, Marinov...Any replications?

Started by JouleSeeker, July 26, 2011, 11:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JouleSeeker

While searching the internet for "Turtur", I came across an intriguing article regarding a demonstration of a device years ago, that apparently produced some 3KW-h, while consuming less than 0.6 KW-h. 
http://philica.com/display_observation.php?observation_id=61

Demonstration of the device to "1500 people" by H. Schnelzer; sketch of device by J. Horvath; acquired from Horvath; article in Philica by C. Turtur.

I quote the PDF below, and  I will attach the drawing from the article for convenience.

QuoteProposal for a test of a motionless zero-point-energy converter
Authors:   Johannes Horvath & Claus Turtur Address:   University of Applied Sciences Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel
Salzdahlumer Straße 46/48 D - 38302 Wolfenbüttel Email: c-w.turtur@ostfalia.de
A version in german language is here: http://www.ostfalia.de/export/sites/default/de/pws/turtur/FundE/Deutsch/MLMC1.pdf
The official publication is to be found at: PHILICA (ISSN 1751-3030):
Abstract:
We describe the proposal of tapping an unknown energy-source, told to have operated some years ago, but not yet reproduced. The principle is unexplained. The setup was brought by a Professor at the University of Vienna, who got it from Prof. S. Marinov of Sofia University. Its operability has been confirmed by the TÜV-München.
Article body:

In 1989-91 the mentioned colleague reported about investigations of the magnetization of different magnets and coils (see Fig.1). The magnetic hysteresis loop was passed by applying a pulsed current to the primary coil. Surprisingly, the secondary coil could produce more electric power than the primary coil needed, depending on the pulse-width of the primary pulses. Discussions of the reason: Inertance of magnetization due to the Barkhausen-effect might delay the decrease of the magnetic flux in the secondary coil.

In 1990/91 the Austrian Engineer H. Schnelzer reproduced the setup using an electric circuit supplying short 7kAmp-pulses by IGBTs, sourced from a car-accumulator. At a demonstration at Scheibbs, 1500 people saw an output power of about 2.1kW (driving a heater and a lamp) for 90 minutes, i.d. a bit more than 3kWh. But the accumulator only had 50Ah/12V, i.e. a power-capacity of maximal 0.6kWh. Furthermore the accumulator did not discharge. It is said, that the device has been inspected and certified by TÜV-München, by measuring input- and output power and temperature.

Important is the gap (right side of the yoke), as well as high current IGBTs (Driving those IGBTs is today easy doable with Analog Devices ADUM5230 (2.5kV) ADUM7234 (1kV) (Isolation rating), or other Isolated-Gate Drivers). The IGBTs (4 pieces, H-bridge-circuit) of Mr. Schnelzer had a turn-on time of 1μs / ~7000A at 1000V.

1.  Are there any replications?  Anyone?

2.  Can anyone translate the German on the sketch? 

3.  Was is meant by a "car-accumulator"?  a battery?

4.  " It is said, that the device has been inspected and certified by TÜV-München, by measuring input- and output power and temperature."   -- is there any record of these tests?

JouleSeeker

Hmmm...  here's the rest of the write-up, and the sketch.

While searching the internet for "Turtur", I came across an intriguing article regarding a demonstration of a device years ago, that apparently produced some 3KW-h, while consuming less than 0.6 KW-h. 

Demonstration of the device to "1500 people" by H. Schnelzer; sketch of device by J. Horvath; acquired from Horvath; article in Philica by C. Turtur.

I quote the PDF below, and  I have attached the drawing from the article for convenience.

QuoteProposal for a test of a motionless zero-point-energy converter

The official publication is to be found at: PHILICA (ISSN 1751-3030):
Abstract:
We describe the proposal of tapping an unknown energy-source, told to have operated some years ago, but not yet reproduced. The principle is unexplained. The setup was brought by a Professor at the University of Vienna, who got it from Prof. S. Marinov of Sofia University. Its operability has been confirmed by the TÜV-München.
Article body:

In 1989-91 the mentioned colleague reported about investigations of the magnetization of different magnets and coils (see Fig.1). The magnetic hysteresis loop was passed by applying a pulsed current to the primary coil. Surprisingly, the secondary coil could produce more electric power than the primary coil needed, depending on the pulse-width of the primary pulses. Discussions of the reason: Inertance of magnetization due to the Barkhausen-effect might delay the decrease of the magnetic flux in the secondary coil.

In 1990/91 the Austrian Engineer H. Schnelzer reproduced the setup using an electric circuit supplying short 7kAmp-pulses by IGBTs, sourced from a car-accumulator. At a demonstration at Scheibbs, 1500 people saw an output power of about 2.1kW (driving a heater and a lamp) for 90 minutes, i.d. a bit more than 3kWh. But the accumulator only had 50Ah/12V, i.e. a power-capacity of maximal 0.6kWh. Furthermore the accumulator did not discharge. It is said, that the device has been inspected and certified by TÜV-München, by measuring input- and output power and temperature.

Important is the gap (right side of the yoke), as well as high current IGBTs (Driving those IGBTs is today easy doable with Analog Devices ADUM5230 (2.5kV) ADUM7234 (1kV) (Isolation rating), or other Isolated-Gate Drivers). The IGBTs (4 pieces, H-bridge-circuit) of Mr. Schnelzer had a turn-on time of 1μs / ~7000A at 1000V.

1.  Are there any replications?  Anyone?

2.  Can anyone translate the German on the sketch? 

3.  Was is meant by a "car-accumulator"?  a battery?

4.  " It is said, that the device has been inspected and certified by TÜV-München, by measuring input- and output power and temperature."   -- is there any record of these tests?

neptune

I can virtually 100% confirm that a car accumulator is the same as a car battery . This term was in widespread use as a name for a single cell lead acid battery for radio use [ wireless accumulator] . I t was the common name for a car battery in the UK before world war two , and was then gradually supplanted by the term battery . In the early days of motoring , before cars had charging systems , it was common to charge the "Accumulator " overnight from the mains .

FatBird

The above JouleSeeker post about free energy sounds SUPER.

Can someone PLEASE translate that Diagram & Notes into English?

Thank you.

JouleSeeker

Quote from: FatBird on July 26, 2011, 06:01:01 PM
The above JouleSeeker post about free energy sounds SUPER.

Can someone PLEASE translate that Diagram & Notes into English?

Thank you.

Thanks, FB -- I wish I spoke German and could translate the notes.  Anyone?
Thanks, Neptune -- makes sense that "car accumulator" signifies "car battery".

This is one I would like to look into further...