Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Big brain exercise! Vector based bouyancy wheel

Started by Low-Q, November 21, 2010, 11:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritznien

Quote from: Low-Q on November 21, 2010, 05:57:15 PM
If the item on the left was in one solid piece, the replacement of water would be the same as the item on the right. Anyways, the item on the right has distributed the pressure vertically which is not the case in item to the left.

The gaps between the elements in items to the left are so close, so the water pressure are allmost equal both upwards and downwards. In the item on the right, the spacing are increased. Even if the displacements are the same, the difference in pressure on each surface is much different - or is it not?

I do not claim that I'm right, but this is how I see it anyways - probably until I understand more :) My only claim is that this is true, only if the bottom surface are free of pressure.
an object is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid displaced.
this a volume thing, the orientation is not a factor.
the buoyancy force is the difference in pressure between the top and the bottom times the area.
having a differant pressure top and bottom as the object turns dose not change the buoyancy because the area changes to compensate.
fritznien

Low-Q

Quote from: fritznien on November 21, 2010, 07:58:42 PM
an object is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid displaced.
this a volume thing, the orientation is not a factor.
the buoyancy force is the difference in pressure between the top and the bottom times the area.
having a differant pressure top and bottom as the object turns dose not change the buoyancy because the area changes to compensate.
fritznien
You are perfectly right. Sometimes whishes are blocking elementary math and reasonable thinking :) I did a quick math yesterday, and there is no bouyancy greater than the other. It ended up in zero in both cases. if there was not pressure that was applied to the very bottom of the items.
Greater bouyancy are only achieved if the volume increase, but that requires energy.

So much for the brain exercise ;D