Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Some Rolled Earth Battery Capacitor Questions

Started by YoderIII, October 13, 2011, 10:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoderIII

Thanks for your answers! So I have a some follow up questions.

So when the separator is thicker capacitance goes down? What about when high voltages are involved? Bleed over? Because when this is put into the ground outside it should be taping the Aether.

If the separator determines the capacitance should I try to wind it tighter? Use a thinner separator?

Should more surface area increase the voltage? Have I gone about this wrong? I know if you use plates (copper and aluminum) (Iron and aluminum) with a separator put into the ground outside you just use more surface area. Meaning adding more plates or using larger plates to increase the voltage. I used 200 sq feet of metal. Should I not get more voltage? Do I need a bigger pipe for my center? 1 inch 2 inches?

Loading the earth battery with a resistor would increase the voltage?

Lastly, I do plan to build a Joule thief. I first need to determine that this earth battery capacitor is working correctly. 

Again thanks for your help.

YoderIII

Quote from: nul-points on October 13, 2011, 04:24:09 PM
it sounds like you've mostly made a battery - one electrode is a roll of metal sheet, the other is just a rod - not much area in common for a capacitor - but construction is similar to some battery technologies

BTW, just for reference i think you'll find that capacitance decreases with thickness of separator

almost twice as much as Bill Mehess  :)

(614mV)

but your current is probably 100s of times larger!

126mA (the difference in short-circuit meter current readings due to different internal shunt resistance for the different current ranges)

...so you'll probably be able to run quite a powerful Joule Thief from your 'Earth Battery'

hope this helps
np

http://docsfreelunch.blogspot.com

[EDIT - oops - crossed post with Gyula - forget i spoke!  ;) ]

If I understand then  I need a different meter to measure the current? If so what would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

gyulasun

Quote from: YoderIII on October 13, 2011, 10:15:51 PM
So when the separator is thicker capacitance goes down?

Yes. Study this link to get it:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/pplate.html

What about when high voltages are involved? Bleed over? Because when this is put into the ground outside it should be taping the Aether.

It depends on the insulator properties (you happen to use) at what HV it breaks down. By the way when you put it into the ground there can be no HV involved at all.

QuoteIf the separator determines the capacitance should I try to wind it tighter? Use a thinner separator?
Yes.

QuoteShould more surface area increase the voltage?
More surface area mainly increases current, voltage is mainly determined by the galvanic voltage distance of the two different metals.

QuoteI know if you use plates (copper and aluminum) (Iron and aluminum) with a separator put into the ground outside you just use more surface area. Meaning adding more plates or using larger plates to increase the voltage. I used 200 sq feet of metal. Should I not get more voltage? Do I need a bigger pipe for my center? 1 inch 2 inches?
You have to study another thread in this forum: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=3500.0

QuoteLoading the earth battery with a resistor would increase the voltage?

No.  The voltage depends on how heavy or easy a load is (any load). Please study this:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/dcex6.html

Gyula

YoderIII

Quote from: nul-points on October 13, 2011, 04:24:09 PM

(614mV)

but your current is probably 100s of times larger!

hope this helps
np

OK, I need to make a circuit with a Lamp as example and a resistor as suggested, then measure the current. This will tell me a possible current of 100's of times larger?

Smackattacked

Very Interesting!  I am also building an earth capacitor.  Im using a 3 foot aluminum pipe, plastic scrren mesh for the insulator, and insulated copper wire.  I tried sanding away the top layer of insulation off of the copper wire, but I found that the wire would snap if it was accidentally sanded too much/hard.  In that case, would it be ok to solder the broken wires together to maintain the connection? After reading this, Im gonna try to finish up the first layer by tomorrow.  I halted to the project temporarily to finish building the fuelless heater.