Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New Renaissance Prizes offered to encourage Energy experimenters

Started by JouleSeeker, November 04, 2011, 11:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: Magluvin on November 28, 2011, 07:22:28 PM
Bravo!   ;] Very admirable.  ;]   I will pray for you.   Its my thing.

Mags
twiddle your thumbs while you're at it too will ya? ;)

may the flying spaghetti monster (sauce be upon him) bless you with his saucyness and forever touch you with his noodly appendage... ramen.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

ramset

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

DreamThinkBuild

It doesn't matter what people believe in as long as that belief inspires them to do great things. I believe Dr. Steven Jones is doing a commendable job by offering to reward others at his expense and with his family heirlooms. Steven, your father would be proud and your doing a great service, keep up the good work.

ramset

Dreamthinkbuild

I completely agree !!

It is my opinion that men Who believe there is more to this world than meets the eye [and then some]

Men with families and faith [[Not in Pasta]!!
Are much more likely to be the men that change this world ,..............and I do firmly believe we do that work here!!

Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

WilbyInebriated

firstly, with regard to defending and upholding reason, gawd need not be disproven for theism to be shown to be unreasonable. all that needs to be done is to show that belief in a gawd â€" especially a particular gawd â€" has not been substantiated. similarly, one need not demonstrate the non-existence of martian overlords living below the surface of sweden in order to demonstrate that belief in such a proposition is silly.

secondly, regarding live and let live with regard to religion. i can understand how one would come to this conclusion. however, i don’t think this is something we should just be silent about. the reason being that these beliefs are not simply private personal matters. these beliefs really do affect the way individuals, groups and societies think and behave. religion played massive roles in the following things: defending slavery, motivating and justifying murder, abusive and oppression of gays, women, apostates, nonbelievers, believers of other faith, and other races, motivating and/or justifying terrorism, interfering with scientific research (e.g., stem cell research) and polluting scientific education (creationism, intelligent design), discouraging some from seeking or providing medical treatment or preventative treatments for self, children or others, etc. furthermore, our excusing of the unreason that we call religion has opened the floodgates for either types for other opportunistic attempts to exploit people’s trustworthiness and “openmindedness” â€" e.g., the cult of scientology, homeopathy, psychics, overunity and so on.

the idea that religious beliefs are simply personal is 100% untrue. live and let live is hardly justified when religious communities are consistent offenders and consistently affect people in rationally and morally indefensible ways.

and finally, we DO know prayer doesn’t work...

the templeton foundation sponsored a study (american heart journal 151:4, 2006, 934-42) wherein 1802 coronary bypass patients were divided into 3 groups â€" group 1 received prayers for quick recovery and no complications but did not know it, group 2 (control group) received no prayers, and group 3 received prayers and did know it.

the results were clear cut â€" there was NO DIFFERENCE in the recovery of those who received prayers and those who did not.

interestingly, there WAS a difference between groups 1 and 3 however â€" group 3 patients had significantly more complications (performance anxiety?)

now i agree the study is kind of lame... after all recovering from heart surgery happens all the time. i would prefer to see a study like the one i alluded to earlier with an amputee... but you 'faithers' and i both know that will never happen... right?
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe