Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

another small breakthrough on our NERD technology.

Started by Rosemary Ainslie, November 08, 2011, 09:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Just to be sure nobody misses it, here is a second posting of the annotated diagram showing how the current flows in the NERD RAT circuit when it is running in negatively offset oscillation mode.

The green shows the pulsed clockwise DC current flow that powers the circuit.  What causes the current to pulse is the Q2-Q5 MOSFET array acting like an oscillator.

The orange shows the AC-coupled current flow that flows back and forth between the Q2-Q5 MOSFET oscillator and the battery ground via the 0.25-ohm current sensing resistor.  For simplicity, only this AC current flow path is being shown.

The key point is that while the NERD circuit is running in negatively offset oscillation mode, the current that the DSO sees is NOT the battery current.  The current that the DSO sees is due to the AC-coupled output from the MOSFET oscillator.

Therefore, all of Rosemary's DSO scope captures that show "COP infinity" are invalid because the RATs are looking at the Q2-Q5 oscillator current when in fact they should be looking at the battery current.

MileHigh

poynt99

Quote from: eatenbyagrue on April 03, 2012, 12:04:04 PM
I think Rosemary just needs to lay out her laws of physics as they need to apply to her device in order to achieve overunity.  So like with that quibble you guys had over the heat calculations, Rosemary should just lay out her givens here.  If a joule is a watt per second to Rosemary, and that is what she is basing her device on, I do not think it is proper for you guys to change around her givens.  I mean, this is her formula, and she entitled to rely upon it.  You guys can come up with your own formulas and make your underunity devices, but Rosemary's formula gives her overunity, so I think she deserves recognition for this.

Rosemary, if I had an overunity prize to give, I would give it to you.  Also, I do not really think it matters whether Rosemary's laws of physics match up exactly with our understanding of them, because laws change all the time, and her interpretation may very well be valid.

Maybe you guys are just reluctant to hand out your overunity prizes because you only have one of them, and you are not yet ready to part with them.  So how about we create a new overunity prize category?  Something like the Free Energy World First, something like that.  We just make a website, award Rosemary the prize for the device she has poured her life work around, and she can maybe preface it with the laws of physics as she sees them and how the device creates energy under those laws, and I think everyone will be happy, no?  Probably no monetary award, but at least she will get the recognition she deserves.

I like your rules there eaten. Shouldn't we ALL be allowed to do the same and claim all the prizes being offered? It would be soooooo easy according to your terms and conditions. Everyone would be a winner! How would you manage all these winners?

I as well as most others here I assume are quite curious to hear this. Please enlighten us.  :)

I can't imagine your sort of argument holds up too well in court battles (and I most certainly hope you don't try it there). Wouldn't you be laughed out of court for trying to pass off re-written laws to benefit your client?

Why would you want to re-write the time-proven laws which govern electrical physics?
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

TinselKoala

@MH, .99: Thanks for that.... it's very clear to me. I can even pull the Q1 mosfet right out of its socket while Tar Baby is running in that mode and it doesn't affect anything at all.

However..... when the NERD circuit is running in the mode you describe, even the RATs only claim that the "heat at the load relates to 5 Watts", which of course comes from the bogus scope math trace... and the load barely warms at all, since the oscillations don't ever turn the mosfet on properly.

BUT... and this is extremely important.... in the second part of the demo video, the NERD circuit is NOT operating in this mode.

They are using a POSITIVE going gate drive pulse, from zero volts to around 4 or more volts _positive_ as shown by the scope displays, the narrator's voiceover, and the heat in the load. This mode, while still making oscillations in the Q2-Q5 array, also turns on the Q1 mosfet _WITHOUT_ oscillations, and turns it on nearly fully. This is shown by the scope traces and the load heating. It is in this mode that the battery will drain over a reasonable time interval. In the first mode, described by .99, there is so little real current flowing to the load that it will take a long time, perhaps even weeks, for a fully charged 60 volt nominal pack to deplete "noticeably".

The Q1 mosfet is on during the NON-oscillating portion of the NERD device's cycles in this second, "big heat" operating mode, as shown in the NERD demo video.

The explanation for that odd removal of one battery from the stack, leaving 48 nominal volts, I have posted elsewhere, and that is very telling also.

Here below is the Tek scope shot showing the gate drive signal from the second part of the NERD demo video. Note how they have it displayed... very clever and misleading, with the TOP of the trace at the scope's centerline where one would normally display a baseline level of a single trace. Look at the left side of the display, where the channel's zero baseline marker is. The oscillations are sitting at the _bottom_ of the trace and the pulse is going to at least 4 volts _positive_. The other traces have been turned off because they give too much information... but later, on the Le Croy display attached below, the telltale signs are all there: substantial current shown on the CVR trace in the NON oscillating portions (Items 1 and 2), a drop in the common drain voltage during the NON oscillating portions (5, 6 and 10, 11, 12), and of course the gate drive signal itself (14, 15), clearly showing the positive drive pulse with no or minimal negative excursion.

MileHigh

TK:

I actually haven't looked at the RAT video since it was released and you are more familiar with the claim than me.  So indeed, I am only discussing the negatively offset oscillation mode.

I was under the impression that the claim was centered around this mode but I could be wrong.  It's also possible that when Rosemary was talking about the big heat being generated that she was not aware that Q1 was switching on.  In fact that you made mention of the fact that Q1 was likely only switching partially on, which is something one assumes they would have wanted to avoid at all costs.  I am chalking this up to ignorance on the part of the NERDs unless informed otherwise.

But, a picture is worth a thousand words....   :)

MileHigh

TinselKoala

Well, look at the CVR trace, the yellow, top trace in the LeCroy shot. The channel is set to 2 volts per big division (16). The zero baseline is at my number 2, and the level of the trace during the non-oscillating bits is sitting at, as best as I can tell, about 1 and a half minor ticks above the baseline. So if a minor tick is 2/5 of a  volt (there are 5 minor ticks per big division) the current trace is showing a drop across the CVR of 3/5 of a volt or 0.6 volt. Since the CVR is 0.25 Ohms..... by Ohm's law we are seeing a current of I = V/R = 0.6/0.25 or about 2.4 amps.  From a 48 volt supply (one battery inexplicably pulled for this part, remember)  with 14 ohms total circuit resistance (mosfet fully on) the current should be close to I = V/R = 48/14 = a bit over 3.4 amps. So I think the Q1 mosfet is nearly fully on, but not quite. Another volt on the gate drive input amplitude or positive offset will turn it on fully. And... if they had kept the 60 volts of battery... it would pop from thermal runaway. Check the data sheet for the max current and dissipation, and look at the tiny heatsink on the NERD board for this lone mosfet.

ETA: This has implications for testing. Clearly, if five or six batteries are used, giving 60 or 72 volts,  and the "big heat" mode is required, that mosfet just isn't going to survive. (72 volts divided by 14 ohms is over 5 amps.... when the mosfet gets hot it will fail.) Perhaps if it was on a big heatsink with fan cooling it might survive, but it is still flirting with its absolute maximum current when hot, even at 48 volts. (Why use a high-voltage mosfet when you need a high-current one instead? Because they are magic, of course.)