Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Basic 4 Weighted Wheel Concept

Started by johnny874, December 20, 2011, 11:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny874

@Eagle1,
This is what I was talking about as far as a simple idea goes.
I've done the math before and tonight I will do it again. I'll come up with a radius
and an over balance that will give the weights moving downward a longer path
than the weights being lifted. I should be able to come up with something I like.
If so, then tomorrow I can start work on it. Maybe have it done this weekend.
Then at least we will know how well math helps us to understand what might
or might not work.
And of course, I'll post the math. And with a build, it would be an actual engineered
project.
                                                                                                    Jim

johnny874

Quote from: microcontroller on March 27, 2012, 04:02:38 PM
what i am hearing is 'working in pairs' and 'one side full one side empty' also 'faling towards the centre'
If your wheel is rotating clockwise, and your weight is moving counter clockwise, you are effectively splitting gravity into clockwise and counterclockwise movement/rotation at the same time.
This proces is continuously disturbing the equilibrium it is trying to find because the normally one way motion gets converted and stored into two way motion, which is moving away from each other and therefore can never find rest.

Duck Weed.

Duck,
What you are describing is what I believe to be one of Bessler's wheels. With what I believe he had found, he could have the levers fall towards center and strike the hub. This could explain the 8 knocking sounds that people heard. If he tethered the weights, then he could control the mechanics of his wheel and employ a different principle.
With the 4 weighted wheel, it is something I thought of while trying to understand what Bessler might have known.
If you look at the first few drawings in the link, it is the simplest way to have gravity do all the work. http://www.besslerwheel.com/wiki/index.php?title=MT_1-20
I did the math last night and made one slight mistake which I corrected this morning. With the basic diagram, if a weight as an example has it's CoG 10cm's from center and it's CoG can move from that point 2cm's at an angle of 45 degrees, the downward path is about 3 cm's longer than the path the weight moving upward would follow.
This extra distance shows an over all over balance and would give this dersign a chance of working. Would it be able to rotate continuously ? I'm not sure. Any extra rotation of the wheel past the point where the weights can either move inward or outward is lost over balance.
It's interesting though. The last time I discussed this design with other people, one person wanted to know how it worked so they could build it. They didn't care to know the math or science behind it. As it turns out, without understanding the math behind it, it might never work because more over balance is always assumed to be better. But in this instance, limiting over balance helps to find the "Golden Zone". A spin of the Goldilocks scientists use when refering to the habitability of the Earth and it's orbit around the sun.

Jim
edited to correct the value of over balance

johnny874

@All,
I'll see what I can do about getting some work done to demonstrate the 4 weighted wheel.
It would be a straight conversion of gravity into mechanical energy. This would also help to
give me something to discuss while I'm working at my own expense on Bessler's wheel. I
think it will be one of the best free energy devices of a mechanical nature.
Hopefully I can post some compl;eted work by tomorrow evening. Who knows, it might lead
to the simplest open source idea that would be easy to replicate and verify independently.
Of course, if it works, still might make some money off of it. If that happens, guess I'll have to
live with as well  ;) ;)

Jim

johnny874

@All,
I do know i post a lot  ;D
I'm addicted to pm, what can I say ?
I did get a small start today. I hope to get an earlier one
tomorrow so I can show something. This is something I
have built and posted a video of. This time, it might work.
The 4 weighted design is pretty basic and this should help
me to get a lot done tomorrow. Also, have been over the math
quite a bit over the last few years. That kind of gets old because
a wheel can express it so much better. I have thought of possibly
2 wheels with different over balances to show the difference.
To understand the difference though would require getting into
trigonometry, could be quite a bit  :)  Math is the heart and soul
of engineering, comes with the subject.
One basis of this concept is that the over balance creates torque
which is defined as a turning force. The more torque, the quicker
the acceleration, the same as with a car or motorcycle. It would be the
mass of the wheel that power (horse power) would come into play. That
would be the over all mass times velocity under load or having resistence
that is constant. basically the same thing.

Jim

johnny874

@All,
All I can say is it's a start. Have only been out of surgery a week so it is something.
It will be about 23 inches in diameter. Depending how things go, could go to a larger
diameter and use slightly heavier weights.
I'll make a box for my router so the weight locations will all be the same. There are
3 ways this might go perpetual. Webby1 gave me a good idea in using something
similar to a  flywheel. For something like that, it would take a bit of work but could be
worth it. Of course, if that works, Tom would have to take credit for his idea.
The 2 pics show the initial build process. I had to buy a rotary tool to drill hole locations.
And the other shows the CoG of the weights path being drilled using a hole saw. After I
route it, then I can route the outside radius and be close to completion.
What I am trying for with this is 90 degrees of rotation for each weight. 360/4=90.
I think understanding the basics helps to understand how potential can be realized.

Jim