Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse generator

Started by pasteit, December 24, 2011, 05:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasteit

Hi,

In my country we use 220V 50hz power from outlet. What I need is 220V 400hz and 1.2 kHz output (I need to be able to adjust output current frequency). I dont need to change voltage I just need it to output current on different frequency.

Can pulse generator do that?

Was looking at this one:

http://www.testequipmentconnection.com/1721/Agilent_215A.php

This is my first post and to be honest I joined to ask this one question since I cant seem to find any answer elsewhere... Also I apologize for posting in this section but I just couldnt find appropriate one anywhere so I have chosen most visited one.

TinselKoala

No, I don't think the pulse generator is what you need.
You are looking for a power supply that will provide 220V at 400 Hz and 1.2 kHz output to drive a load, right? The pulse generator you have linked is not capable of attaining the voltage*current that you will need. It could provide a trigger at the appropriate frequencies for a second stage switching type supply, but that's wayyy tooo complicated.
You probably need something like an Elgar variable frequency AC supply with oscillator section, and they aren't cheap.

pasteit

Quote from: TinselKoala on December 24, 2011, 07:56:34 PM
You probably need something like an Elgar variable frequency AC supply with oscillator section, and they aren't cheap.

Thank you for reply, but this makes me sad :P

So there is no other way around it? Is this my only option?

pasteit

wow, so this is a tough question it seems since I got only 1 reply and over 300 views?!

Anyway, a little update I forgot to put in... I need up to 100Wh of power so its not high consuming device...
Any hint will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Jdo300

you could use a car audio amplifier. They can run on a 12 volt car battery and you could run the output into a step up transformer to make whatever voltage you need. And with an average frequency range of up to 20 kHz, that should easily meet the frequency requirements for your application.

you could use a simple signal generator program on a PC to control the output frequencies. Most car amplifiers have stereo output so you have 2 channels to produce the two frequencies you need.

- Jason O