Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gravity "wheel" concept...

Started by iacob alex, June 25, 2006, 05:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iacob alex

...has the same basic image,as a water-wheel immersed into a flow,on the riverside.
      We have three main abstract spare parts :a fulcrum/support(riverside),a water wheel and separately,a visible flow(river).

Here,our problem is to build a water-wheel ,and to fix it on the riverside.

Gravity has two aspects:
         -stability/statics/object's fixing
         -unstability/dynamics/object's fall("flow")

We are interested about the dynamic aspect of gravity...

If we apply the basic image up-here,we have two question-marks ,regarding a possible "gravity wheel"(the fulcrum is out of question...):
         -to determine,release a fall/flow
         -to imagine a self-running "wheel"

This time,it seems that we have two main abstract spare parts,only:the fulcrum and the "flowing  wheel"...

All the best! / Alex

onthecuttingedge2005

When trying to utilize 'flow' to a gravity wheel we need to introduce an ambient energy potential such as thermal expansion, heat seems to be the mover in such kinetic gravity wheels because we can reverse the weight ratios on the wheel.

examples of the Mintos wheel with liquid Hexane, heat and gravity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fUlKBH1sY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_OtCsDJoY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-zeRCUicw

there are better liquids that can be used to increase efficiency and better remodeling of the Mintos that would also work out a lot of bugs.

mythbusters played around with mintos wheel and they didn't quite get it right and failed to demonstrate the proper expansion characteristics

Cloxxki

Writing a PM to a fellow user just now, I am re-living the hunch I've had before.
If an object has speed, you should not waste is, but turn into height in the most efficient manner.

Wheels roll nicely, and offer smooth direction changes, but circular tracks waste time, and time is power, right?
A quick calc seems to tell me that a 90 degree pendulum swing with L=5m, (g supposed as 10m/s/s), takes 1.11s. Up, and the same down. At any angle actually, it's it's height and time I'm after.
If at the bottom of the cycle, in stead of going along the wheel/pendulum, our weight hits a perfectly elastical bump, it can reach the same height in 1.0s. An efficient inside track or such a bump seems like a more efficient way to travel on the upswing, as it can sooner provide gravity energy to the system again. Being there a fraction of a second quicker, also seems to imply that overbalance can be achieved.

My other idea is to try and tap into gravity in small height increments, adding velocity each time, and then turning it all being into height in one go.
From standstill gliding 5m down > 10m/s horizontal
Another 5m freefall down > 20m/s. This might be a challenge to acutally convert and harness.
20m/s horizontal offers 20m vertical when converted in once. Right?

If there is no OU in one of these approaches, I don't see where it would be, what gravity is concerned. All things with leverage have been tried. I sense it's in velocity/time/height, exploiting free fall's 7 mile boots.

iacob alex

Hi Onthecuttingedge!

When I am using the "flow" word,I have not in mind an additional flowing liquid ,as in Mintos-type wheels.
  For me , flow~fall,so instead a liquid flow,we can imagine a solid state "flow".
  The flow term,is used as a metaphor,a figure of speech in which term is transferred to something it does not literally apply to.

This is why,I said the the "wheel must flow",as a single spare part...if you like,the fall/flow is this time inside,not outside as in a fluidic wheel.

All the best! / Alex

iacob alex

....can be a "relative" of a wave power station,on the beach,in all his amazing simplicity:

- a wave capture chamber
             -an oscillating water column

All that we need is a"design translation"....capture "chamber" and oscillating "column" as a single spare part.

Best wishes! / Alex