Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How dangerous is having a free energy device, exactly?

Started by Just George, March 12, 2012, 01:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just George

Quote from: tinu on March 13, 2012, 05:09:03 AM
Hi George,

Well, if the pump is not entirely hypothetical then I shall suppose 5000 cubic meters per minute is a typo. Such flow rate would be that of a river... (i.e. it is 0.65% of the mean flow rate of Mississippi river so to put things into perspective less than 160 such pumps would suffice to render Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn ‘riverless’ ;).
I’m European so bigger is not necessarily better to me and surely when it comes to working prototypes I’d rather prefer something that can be at least walked around in a reasonable amount of time. Smaller also means better chances the scuds missiles will miss it. Just joking ;)
Cheers,
Tinu
Five thousand cubic meters is not a typo.

The pump is modular. Each small pump moves a few cubic meters of water. You can daisy chain them or run them in parallel, depending on how many pipes you want to connect/where you want the water to go. In order to move 5000 meters of water, you require a dam or tank 100m x 100m and dam head of 30m.

The advantage of this device is that it can be coupled to existing power distribution grids quite easily, yet isn't quite so viable on a small level. I thought that that was an advantage from the viewpoint of a company, since they can still control distribution of electricity and fit it into their business model. From the viewpoint of a household, this is obviously not an advantage, but then, that is the nature of the device.

Jack Noskills

How difficult it is to put this system in an existing power plant that runs on water ? If possible, then I would say odds just changed in favour of the inventor. More efficient form of green energy, that is a good selling argument nowadays. You would not be dependent on the water level in the reservoir anymore so water plant could run always at maximum efficiency. Also as this is big scale and not a household device suppression might not apply to this case.

Just George

Quote from: Jack Noskills on March 13, 2012, 05:56:43 AM
How difficult it is to put this system in an existing power plant that runs on water ? If possible, then I would say odds just changed in favour of the inventor. More efficient form of green energy, that is a good selling argument nowadays. You would not be dependent on the water level in the reservoir anymore so water plant could run always at maximum efficiency. Also as this is big scale and not a household device suppression might not apply to this case.
The device is used to recirculate water in large volumes from a cachement tank/area and back into the main dam. So the sequence would be

1 water moves from large dam at high pressure through turbine, generating electricity, into cachement area
2 device moves water from cachement area back into main dam at higher position relative to gravity
3 repeat steps 1 and 2 non stop.

The difficulty in putting it into an existing hydro facility would depend on the type of hydro setup, I suppose. I mean, most hydroelectric dams etc are very large, and due to the nature of damming, hold a whole years worth of water to be used over the course of the year before being replenished by rains during the rainy season.

This device doesn't need anywhere near the head height of a hydroelectic dam - 30m is fine.

If you wanted to adapt an existing site, I suppose that would depend on the type of turbines they are using, and if they are compatible with the water pressure produced by this device. According to the inventor, the device isn't expensive to build, and so logically any power company with any brains would just build several dams/cachement areas adjacent to the grid infrastructure needed to transport the electricity, and if possible, relocate their turbines to the new location.

tinu

Ok. I have several questions:

1. How is that different from a perpetuum mobile?
2. What kind of energy is the device consuming?
3. Why is the water still needed? (Why not producing electricity directly from the novel energy source, without the 30m dam, pipes and everything else?)

Tinu

Low-Q

Quote from: Just George on March 12, 2012, 01:50:07 PM
My apologies, since this must have been posted before. I did search, but could not find the answer.

Someone I know is in possession of a free energy device, and wishes to patent it. No, that person is not me. He has patented inventions in the past, and is very disillusioned with the process, having run out of money to continue patenting. The previous device was a motor, not a free energy device.

Anyhow, supposing that he had the knowledge in his possession and that it did, in fact work - how dangerous is that, precisely?

The only details I can give about the device is that it is a kind of self powering pump capable of moving 5000 cubic meters of water per minute without using any input fuel/wind/solar etc, that has calculated may produce 15MW of electricity via an 85% efficient turbine. The reason that I can't give any more information is because he is, shall we say, tight lipped about how it works and it's driving me mad trying to figure out how he's pulled it off.

Personally I think that he should just publish the info with video of working model and perhaps accept some sort of prize as recompense, since I think that being poor in a world that isn't glowing in the dark with the next 5 Fukishimas worth of nuclear meltdowns is better than being rich in such a world, but that's just me.

Any idea, or real life examples (apart from the water powered car guy)?

Again apologies for repeating obvious questions. I don't mean to waste anybody's time. I just want to see how the silly thing works :)

Cheerios
Interesting question!

An over unity device, is per definition a device which produce more energy than it consumes. Assume that it works. What would happen if the device wasn't loaded? It would be able to feed back more energy than it consumes. Therfor the device would most probably self destroy within a very short time. Say it double the "looped input energy" every second. If friction is already over powered by the device, friction will never be a limit for how wrong this can go. Start with 1mW over unity, and double that every second for one minute run. Would the device be able to handle 1.153 x 1015 Watt of power?

The feedback will be pretty much destructable within relatively short time.

So, therfor I do believe that, even if one succeed in building a working prototype, it will not last for long.

As for the pump, the fluid must some how increase in mass for each loop. How is that suppose to happen?

As for the money: There is a countless number of over unity inventors that never have the money they need. Isn't that a paradox?

Vidar