Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

6 Battery Tesla Switch - Power Mosfet Circuit - Uses No Schottky Power Diodes

Started by BediniBattery, April 09, 2012, 10:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BediniBattery

This circuit is intended to use discrete components to regulate the input voltage of the voltage regulator to 12 or 13 volts & to maintain that input voltage under all circumstances by making use of all 6 lead acid batteries. It is very difficult to maintain the correct input voltage to the switch mode power supply without some assistance from a higher voltage supply, such as 24 or 36 volts.

By using discrete components, the circuit will be more reliable & easier to build.

I did not want to use another battery to power the isolated supplies as this would need to be charged in some way.
I have made use of some free energy from the inductor flyback & also some current obtained from the 3 series batteries, 1,2,3 & 4,5,6.

There is a 20 watt, 25 Ohm resistor, which drops about 20 volts at 0.4 amps. The resistor value is approximate.

This resistor is used to boost the input voltage to the voltage regulator when battery 3 & battery 6 are below the desired voltage level.

A zener diode sets the turn on voltage for the mosfet switch & thus the voltage regulator input voltage.

Even though the circuit is not very efficient, it is very reliable & easy to build.

Efficiency is not important here, however what is important is that the switch mode power supply is able to provide an isolated 12 volt supply to all of the power mosfet switches.

The tesla switch circuit is designed to use a ridiculous amount of current .

This will provide a permanent load on all of the batteries, which will not only show when free energy is being created but will help to prevent over charging as well.

The zipped schematic files & BMP images can be downloaded here  - http://www.mediafire.com/?a654ryazyx68w -

The PCB is about 1/2 done so far, this is the most difficult part.

Benz247

Great work ! have you got it going ?

I made a little test setup a few years ago using -
4x 4.8ah sla batteries, 6x transistors npn (tip61c), 220ohm base resistors and 24x 1N5408 diodes - 8 x 3 in parallel
i think ? i used the mueller report solid state circuit diagram by John Bedini and @ the time i used a 12v brushless  pc fan for the flip flop 50% triggering of the transistors, i was using the bemf from the two coils in the pc fan while running the fan from FWBR off the two positive potentials and not the negative side. Anyway i gave up after two of the batteries run down to zero and the other two went to around 18v.
Being a idiot i broke the setup down to use the parts for other projects !

Since then i`ve been distracted by other projects - Ev Gray`s conversion tube, John Bedini solid state battery charger

I`ve been planning to give the tesla switch another go but build much bigger !
so far i have 6 identical 40ah Yuasa batteries , 8 igbt`s rated @ 600v 150amp/300amp if pulsed no flyback diodes, large collection of 50amp diodes, a few heavy duty large transformers and other stuff : ) just have`nt decided how i`m going to put it all together yet ?

Sorry for rambling, just nice to see that there are people out there giving the tesla switch ago !

SeaMonkey

BediniBattery,

Well done.  You're clearly on the right path to achieve efficient
switching by the use of MosFets.

There are a few things which may be done to further enhance the
overall efficiency of your circuit.

It is possible to build a switching supply using an Analog Voltage
Regulator as the control chip.  You may use discrete components
(I like that approach as well, especially for the developmental
phases) to utilize their cost advantage while creating the lower
voltage you need without the high wattage dropping resistor.

Check the Applications section of the LM78XX Data Sheets for
circuit suggestions - they're quite versatile.

And the sub-circuit switching supply which provides power to
each of the individual MosFet drivers can be constructed as
a regulated switching supply as well where regulation takes
place directly in the input switching.

It's highly probable that you would have discovered these
potential solutions on your own as it is evident that you are
quite capable at researching innovative concepts.  As a matter
of fact you may already have considered these possibilities.

Once again, well done.

Harvester

BediniBattery

The above posts contain some trial & error work which have errors.

I have simplified the circuits, so there is less work to do.

4 circuit diagrams only.

- http://www.overunity.com/12419/6-battery-tesla-switch-circuit-mosfet-solid-state-updated-06-06-2012/  -

Download the latest circuit diagrams, schematics & explainations all in one zip file.

- http://www.mediafire.com/?itj2dll96tzy2 -