Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Heron's Fountain

Started by Pirate88179, August 28, 2012, 09:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny874

Quote from: Pirate88179 on August 28, 2012, 09:22:21 PM
This past weekend I constructed a Heron's Fountain according to the attached diagram.  I will post a video of it in operation when I get a chance.  This is a really cool project and cost me nothing to build.  It is amazing to see the water lifted higher than the starting point.  More later...

Bill

Instructions I used are here: http://blog.makezine.com/2008/06/08/build-herons-fountain-1/  I modified a few things to fit the materials I had laying about.

Yep Bill,
Thank you for posting this, but it's the Travis Effect.    ;D

johnny874

@All,
Have realized something. If Heron had his tubes under water, then he would have pumped water instead of air.
Yes, water is eventually pumped, but only because water is stored in other reservoirs while the air they contained is being pumped.
What this would have done is it would have prevented water in the top chamber from filling the lower chambers.
If you ask Bill, this is most likely why it quits working, the top chamber empties to the level of the fill tube for the lwoer level.
A simple way around this is to have all the tubes in the lower chambers below water level. This would mean the increase in any air
pressure would be because of increased water volume.
A small change in Heron's invention, but for 2,000 years it is accepted that the principles he realized are correct, then pumping water instead of air changes nothing except for itbeing a perpetual device.
You see, water and air follow the same principles of engineering. While one is called pneumatic and the other hydro, the forces work in the same fashion. Simply put, if Heron had used shorter tubes in his invention, he would have realized perpetual motion 2,ooo years ago.
But as is often the case, you can't expect the inventor to know everything can you ? We can't and today his work might show the simplicity that perpetual motion can be found in.
Myself, I will need to take a break as I do have serious medical issues to deal with, but leaving you guys with the help of Bill, something that has been proven and in making a slight modification might show what some of us in this forum believe in. And that is there is something left to be learned and some things are possible even though conventional wisdom does not support it.

Take Care and Good Bye

edited for clarification.

FatBird

It seems like this one is MUCH EASIER to make & has a GREATER potential
for SCALING UP to turn a water wheel, which then turns a generator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287qd4uI7-E&feature=channel&list=UL

johnny874

Quote from: FatBird on August 29, 2012, 06:32:16 PM
It seems like this one is MUCH EASIER to make & has a GREATER potential
for SCALING UP to turn a water wheel, which then turns a generator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287qd4uI7-E&feature=channel&list=UL

FatBird,
  The picture you show is from a vidoe you posted. The things shown in the video are not possible.
What they are meant for is to encouracge discussions by people like your self who find them interesting.
The simplest possible pm device is one that would be based on Heron's Fountain.
There is a reason why it is called a fountain. In order for it to have this name means that 2,000 years ago,
it would have to have shot water into the air just as a fountain does today.
What everyone seems to miss is that under pressure, there is no difference between the effects of watr and air except for corrosion.
Myself, I would recommend people take Bill's suggestion and try this. If it works using water to create air pressure to pump water, then it should work with water presure creating air pressure to pump water. It really is the same thing between pneumatics and hydraulics. It's just that for performing work, hydraulics is more efficient.
All I can say to you FatBird is to try it. You may be surprised by the outcome and what you might learn.
But then, there are people more knowledgeable than myself. I mean really, what does it take to calcualte r^2Pi= surface area ? it is nothing new and when combined with h (height), then flow can be determined. it really is centuries old. But today, trying something is going against your friends.
I am not sure why but ask your friends and they will tell you. Also, it could be Heron didn't have any friends just like Archimedes and his contemporary Pythoras.
And no, don't ask me about the pythogorean theorem because I know nothing about heresy.
I prefer to deal with facts, just sk my friwend  8)

edited to add;
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwkT5vAzCE

Pirate88179

Johnny:

Why do you persist to try to derail folks that are actually doing real experiments here?  If you are not intelligent enough to follow along, i can understand that but, please stop with the trash talk.  We do not put up with that here....you get me?  If you want to contribute something constructive, that is fine...but trashing me and TK is NOT constructive.  Post YOUR fountain that you claim is OU.  Where is it?  Oh...you can't make it but it works right?  Everyone here sees right through you so...please give it up.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen