Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: Magluvin on October 13, 2012, 03:28:32 AM
Thus far they have seen no planets that show evidence or signs of life, if ever, so far.
Look around you. look at the vast variety of life. We have water, air and earth. We have just about everything we need in different elements, compounds gasses liquids, to do just about anything we can conjure up, or screw up.  :o

We have all the edible plants, fruits, vegetables. Animals for meat, eggs, milk. We have water that all the plants, animals and we all need.

There is the sun that keeps us just around the right temperature for all life and elements to function well. A magnetic field and dense enough atmosphere to help against meteors and solar flare emissions.

They just found a planet that they believe is made of diamond. There is nothing there for us. Just like all the others so far. They have a few potentials, but thats a far throw to even know anything yet.

But here we are. We live on a planet that is described in the bible as if it were set like a ball that sits in air. The bible tells these things way before science or church claimed them correctly.

We have a book that says God created the heavens and the earth. Created the waters, plants animals and creepy things. ;] It says God created man and woman.

So what is wrong with believing that this all was just a big bang, random accident that the earth was a freak of perfection and filled with life? 

Look around. You tell me.  ;) Why do so many disbelieve the possibility soo much? Look around. What proofs do you see that this is all just an accident? A fluke?  ;)

Mags
ever heard of the anthropic principle?  or did your indoctrination forbid you to read anything?

edit: i thought i would add this, it's from the wiki... the emphasis is mine.

"The term anthropic in "anthropic principle" has been argued [2] to be a misnomer.[3] While singling out our kind of carbon-based life, none of the finely tuned phenomena require human life or some kind of carbon chauvinism.[4][5] Any form of intelligent life would do; so, specifying carbon-based life, per se, is irrelevant."
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

CuriousChris

Is it a fluke? Stupid question. If we weren't here to observer the things you observe then no one could ask the question. Because we are here our little pinprick in the universe must support life.

As for life elsewhere in the universe. who knows. personally I think its highly likely. but I doubt we will ever discover it. its already gone, too far away or hasn't arrived yet.

Please stick to the question at hand stop trying to divert.

Provide proof that God "said" he made it all.

WilbyInebriated

"i refuse to prove that i exist,’ says god, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"but" says wilby, "in matthew 19:26 you state that 'with god all things are possible...' how can i have have faith when you yourself has stated it's possible you don't exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"oh dear," says god, "i hadn't thought of that." and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: hoptoad on October 13, 2012, 01:36:41 AM
Has anyone tried to give a probability figure yet. Hmmm. Lets see. Most statistical probability is referenced to something that is quantatively known. Usually the broader the range of quantities known, the more accurate their use as references.

What can we use as a known statistical reference? The number of grains of sand on the earth compared to the number of stars in our galaxy.

What are the odds of another known planet in our galaxy having the same number of grains of sand (give or take a few billion for locale error).  Given that our knowledge of any known planets around other stars is statistically miniscule compared to the number of stars in our milky way then we're already in hot water trying to give a probability even for that let alone a probability for the existence of a god.

It seems the only way to reference this is to look at the probability of our own existence. What's the probability of a whole universe springing into existence from nothing. ?  Since "nothing" is infinite, the probability against creation of something from nothing is infinite. So too, the probability of a god springing into existence from nothing is the same. Infinite against.

But we do exist in a universe here and now, which is proved simply by our obvious being. So, we may have came into existence against infinite probability (assuming a universe beginning from nothing), but we cannot prove the same is true for a god when there is no explicit evidence in the here and now. The probability against remains infinite.

Cheers
yeah it was done a while ago... ;)

"it is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. however, not every one of them is inhabited. therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the universe can be said to be zero. from this it follows that the population of the whole universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."  - douglas adams, the restaurant at the end of the universe

since the population of the whole universe is zero... we can extrapolate the same for god, since he is merely the product of the deranged mind of a person who is merely the product of a deranged imagination.   ;)

Qwert

Quote from: Magluvin on October 13, 2012, 03:28:32 AM

But here we are. We live on a planet that is described in the bible as if it were set like a ball that sits in air. The bible tells these things way before science or church claimed them correctly.

We have a book that says God created the heavens and the earth. Created the waters, plants animals and creepy things. ;] It says God created man and woman.

The book says that all that was created merely 10,000 (ten thousand) years ago. At least its followers believe that, based on biblical calculations. ;)