Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Probality of God

Started by Newton II, September 14, 2012, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramset

Geese you guys are Bizzy over here.........
@Chris,
May I have a question please?
Just one [go easy,I'm a little rusty]

Thx
Chet
Ps
I don't want Gravityblocks question {that one's his]
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

gravityblock

Quote from: ramset on November 01, 2012, 08:05:30 PM
Thx
Chet
Ps
I don't want Gravityblocks question {that one's his]

Actually, the question itself was a bad question, because the statement before the question wrongly implies and suggests my interpretation isn't correct based on there being other interpretations.  What came first, then chicken or the egg?  This is a bad question, because the question itself wrongly implies one came before the other.  The chicken is in the egg, and the egg has the form of a chicken.  They came together as one, and not one before the other as the question wrongly implies.  Lawyers use this technique.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

ramset

Gravock
I like the way you think ,....I suspect a lot of our problem here is perspective.
As time goes on that will change.
But I suppose ultimately its all in the Link {DNA} Perhaps the purist form of Gods word..........

Thx
Chet

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

hoptoad

Quote from: gravityblock on November 01, 2012, 07:55:24 PM
It doesn't lead to contradictions in other parts of the scripture, it's backed up by the Quran, and other ancient manuscripts, and it answers questions which other interpretations can not. snip...

Why wouldn't it be backed up by the Quran? The beginings of the bible and the quran can be traced back to a common literary heritage.

I wrote in a previous post.

"Genesis makes no sense, because it is a highly (and badly) edited, cut down version of the Sumerian story of creation and the human lineage that followed it.

The sumerian version of creation, and human history therafter, up till the "great flood" and into contemporary sumerian times, was written nearly 4 thousand years before the judaists hacked it apart and incorporated it into the emerging new tanakh (hebrew bible).

Centuries later, christians decided to acknowledge their hebrew forbears by incorporating most of the tanack into the canonical works that christians were compiling, and which became known as the "old testament" and the "new testament". In line with their own viewpoint, genesis again, lost more of the original plot and meaning, because even the pre-edited hebrew version of the (Sumerian) creation story still hinted at more than one god. A loving, merciful, empathetic one, and an angry, vindictive, spiteful one.

That is totally unacceptable to monotheists like christians, hence the rewrite, which results in more mystery than enlightenment.

It's not just genesis that has been borrowed from the sumerians, but indeed, most of the "old testament" has its roots in ancient sumerian culture. But, as they often say in TV documentaries - "all names and places have been changed to protect the innocent" "

CuriousChris

Quote from: gravityblock on November 01, 2012, 07:55:24 PM
It doesn't lead to contradictions in other parts of the scripture, it's backed up by the Quran, and other ancient manuscripts, and it answers questions which other interpretations can not.  Also, it doesn't lead to incest in order to populate the world.  God is unfavorable to this act, it's not supported anywhere else in scripture, and any teachings saying other wise is a false teaching by the adversary.  I have studied outside of what was handed down and taught to me, and I have studied how the Hebrew and Greek words have been translated.  People do have a tendency to interpret the scripture according to how they would like things to be.  I think this is one reason for so many different interpretations along with be narrow or closed minded.  Pride is another reason for different interpretations.  People don't want to be shown how they are wrong, because they see it as an attack against there own intelligence.  Of course, there's always a chance my interpretation isn't totally correct.  If you can show me otherwise with a good argument, then I'll gladly reconsider and change my interpretation accordingly.  There is only one interpretation which is correct.  Seek and a you shall find.  Condemnation before investigation is folly.  God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He'll catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Gravock

I hand it to you a good answer. Not the folly of mags and bruce.

But nonetheless it does not alter the question. Your answer is a matter of interpretation. of perspective. Your first video link that made you look foolish (and still does) has no meaning to it. They found a cracked rock applied their own interpretation to it based on the PRECONCEIVED notions and got the answer they wanted.

Not being a geologist I cannot comment on the cause of the cracking. Although the narrative implied some knowledge of geology there is nothing to verify that. To my mind the secretley leaked video is as about as compelling as the videos of the finding of noahs ark. Which of course is to say not compelling at all.

If I was going to fall for that sort of stuff I would have fallen for erich von danikens video's which by the way were far more compelling. but equally crap.

I am glad you made this statement. its one of my favourite sayings you get christians making "God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He'll catch the wise in their own craftiness."

Which wise will God confuse?

Scientists?
Philosophers
Christian Scientists
Christian Philosophers
Theists
Theologians
Atheist
Gravityblock
CuriousChris
Chet
Mags
Bruce

We are all wise in our own ways and stupid in others. Does YOUR God specify which. Perhaps its you, perhaps he thinks you are so proud you need to be brought down a peg or two.

And why do such a thing? Is YOUR God deceitful? If he wrote "I am God and I exist" in the seeds of a watermelon (english would be nice but not mandatory) would it hurt his cause.

Is it YOUR Gods aim to make sure at least 75% of all humans who ever lived go to hell. whatever YOUR interpretation of hell is.

Is YOUR God so deceitful and malignant that he would enforce that on his creation?

So yet another question, previously gone unanswered. perhaps you can use your wisdom (provided god is not confusing you) to answer it as others ignore these questions (obviously caused by confusion) and I am sincerley interested in the answer, even if only to point out the inconsistencies in it.

If the Bible was written By God (through man) then surely the writers of the bible (hebrews) should agree with all of the bible. Why then do they reject the new testament? Where does that leave Christians?

Dear Chet

Rather than another post your question separately, I'll ask it here. Another question that has been ignored and one I am interested in finding out the logic behind.

Why did 1/3 of the Angels of heaven choose to follow the angel of Light, Lucifer to hell?

These creature don't suffer from Gods deceit. they know God intimately. surely as Gods (presumed) first creations they knew God was all powerful, they could not win. Why would they follow Lucifer knowing it was a guaranteed hiding?

Is God that bad?
Are angels that dumb?
According to Gravityblock they are a higher form of being than us. that implies they are more intelligent, more knowledgeable, more everything.

Why then did they make this most fundamental mistake?

Or was its God mistake in how he made them? Too much pride perhaps?

HopToad
Excellent post! :)