Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Having issue with site

Started by Magluvin, October 15, 2012, 02:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Quote from: Lakes on October 31, 2012, 05:14:08 AM
A lot of space is taken by those You tube videos, about half a page?, maybe you could make them (embedded) smaller?, if a user wants to see the full size version they can click on the youtube icon in bottom right.

I seem to be seeing a smaller sample (shorter list) of postings since the site upgrade.

Hmm,
why not just scroll a bit more ?

It is just the frontpage...

I just added now a monthly playlist too, so I donĀ“t have to delete the older
movies after 200 movies in the playlist-....

I just want to get the user to watch the movies directly at
overunity.com in the homepage, so they might also click on the
Google ads between the videos ! ;)

That pays the new server which also costs now more money...

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

Lakes

I understand, but I`m not seeing a next page button to see older posts?

TinselKoala

Weird.

I am using FF 16.0.1 on Ubuntu Linux, and I definitely DO see:

The smileys and various format buttons on the reply page;
the thread page numbers for the older posts;
and red underlining flags from a spellchecker, that I thought was coming from FF, not this site. I don't see, and never have seen, "hints" as to correct spellings. And it's really funny that "spellchecker" is flagged as being misspelled. And mine prefers the Queen's English spellings over the USAmerican ones, liking "colour" better than "color", "aeroplane" better than "airplane", etc.
As far as I can tell the site looks and works like before, only a bit faster now. But I am sometimes taken to the very bottom of a page when I refresh or post a reply, rather than back to where the text really is.

Now I'm about to update to FF 16.0.2 (not .3 sorry) -- we shall see what happens.

(in "select language" I have "english-utf8")

ETA: OK, now I'm running FF 16.0.2  and everything looks the same, still the same functions as before, I still see the smileys and the format buttons and all the rest of the stuff indluding my craxy spelchecker.
I don't know about Cyrillic or French text though, I can't find any samples to look at right off the bat.

ETA2: Yep, the Cyrillic is screwed up for sure. And if I select plain "english" in the "Select language" window it kicks me back to english-utf8 automagically.

Lakes

Six embedded videos seems a bit OTT to me, thats over half the home page, yes I can scroll down to read the posts, (which is what I come here for), but, how about a separate page for the embedded videos?

hartiberlin

Well, I will change many things for the better when I move to SimplePress.

Please be patient.

I will not do much anymore with the Simplemachines forum software...

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum