Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Bob O'Neil Air Engine

Started by Motorcoach1, December 25, 2012, 03:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think it might work ?

1 (33.3%)
Dislike
1 (33.3%)
I'm going to try to build it !
1 (33.3%)
I  here for my own intrest.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Tom Booth

Just a correction regarding a typo. My editing time ran out.

"Wetting it in the examiners desk" Was supposed to be Setting it on the examiners desk.

He didn't Wet or put water on the engine, its just that W is right over S on the keyboard. Sorry. That that was a typo may not have been obvious due to the context.

By the way, is someone REALLY going to try to build one of these engines ?

If so I'd be interested in getting involved in some way if possible.

Joe1

Regarding comments on pv=nRT,
Sloane's Liquid Air text includes some clear explanations of gas behavior.  I took time to condense his writings from chapter 1 and 3, attached here, because I was thoroughly impressed with his words.  The ideal gas law tells us that the pressure, volume, temperature, and number of gas molecules are all intertwined together.  With air, if gas molecules and temp are held constant, then the pressure and volume are related by p*v^1.4, not by p*v. 

Tripler used this method when he allowed high pressure air to expand through a nozzle, to the atmosphere.  The atmosphere is a fixed sea of 14.7 psi and an equivalent volume, or density of gas molecules. So when Tripler's air passes through the nozzle, it must conform to the p and v of the outside atmosphere.  The pressure might drop to 14.7, but because of the v^1.4, the resulting volume will still be too small of a volume, ie, still too dense.  Since the outside atmosphere is un-moveable, the expanding gas will be forced to steal energy from the T of the ideal gas law, which results in a temperature drop of the gas.  I am just repeating what is already stated in the attachments.

Sloane in chapter 1 explains clearly about energy and force, and work.  All his explanations use visual examples, but in each, he is implying gas behavior, so be sure to think about the gas applications when reading his examples.  These are the most basic building blocks to be used with gas manipulations.  This is where the overunity effects will be found, in my opinion.  It is amazing that this text was written 100 years ago!

Joe1

The Neal compressor pistons include a large amount of volume that is being pumped.  I do not see how the external pipe walls can transfer enough heat, fast enough, to sufficiently expand a cool gas in the equalizer since this type of heat transfer is a relatively slow process.
If the compressor cylinder pulls a partial vacuum, then when the upper valve opens, it seems the outside air would rush in quickly and equalize the pressure in that cylinder before the valve closes.  The discussion about gas particles moving fast and slow inside the cylinder, I do not think is valid, since any gas, even at low temperatures, contains fast moving gas particles, otherwise it would be a liquid.
What I do think, is that in an earlier post you were correct in thinking that possibly the engine cylinder exhausts could be connected to the upper compressor cylinder valves.  To me, this makes sense.  The lower inlet valves are still inletting from the atmosphere, for make-up air.  The uppers would be able to salvage some of the temp cooling for re-use in the machine.
I think the assertions in your earlier posts are physically correct, but the question is whether those effects will produce over-unity.  Need to develop an energy audit to identify the energy in and out, of course, easier said than done!

Moab

Very interesting read fellas. Thank you.
Sry for the hyjack. Moby.

AlanA

This is a very interesting discussion. I followed them in the last weeks. There is also an intersting discussion at http://aircaraccess.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general. But they also fishing in troubled waters.

But I think it is very hard to find out what Bob Neal invented. It is like fishing in troubled waters. I think air engines have to be understood as an heat engine. It is the engine which might be generated between hot air (expansion) and cold air (contraction). In the past days I was thinking about the vortex tube. I am not sure if this part can held us solving our problem. It is well known that this hilsch-ranque bute seperates a compressed airstream in a hot and in a cold part (Ok is takes a lot of energy to compress air - we all know). But BOTH streams could be useful. Cold air to heat air and cold air to compress air. But don't forget the heat the compressor generates itself at work. Luther once said. All the air you need to compress air get lost by heat (or something like that).