Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla's "COIL FOR ELECTRO-MAGNETS".

Started by Farmhand, April 21, 2013, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Farmhand:

Perhaps try running the function generator with the top off and see what happens.  If it runs stable then there is a good you have a thermal problem with a component.  On the bench people use heat guns in combination with freeze spray to locate faulty components.

Itsu has some really nice clips where he checks for resonant frequencies with his scope.

QuoteRegarding the increased capacity of the coil for storing energy, would the bifilar coil release all of that
extra energy it takes in and stores if it was used as a series inductor ? As in a charging inductor for a
resonant charging circuit for a Tesla coil pre-primary ect.. It could be useful for that purpose maybe.
The one I made above just happens to be the same frequency as some of my Tesla coils.

It's hard to discuss things like this without a circuit to work with.  From what you say I imagine a resonating SB coil in a standard Tesla coil setup with the long cylindrical secondary coil.  I suppose that the Tesla secondary coil would amplify the voltage.  Since we are talking high frequencies all this would have to be checked.  It's possible that the Tesla secondary coil at 1 MHz won't respond because the frequency is too high.  To be more precise, it will respond but possibly at a greatly reduced amplitude because ultimately it will act like a low-pass filter.

If I can offer a suggestion, it looks to me like you have a modern DSO that can record waveforms.  We know that a self-resonating coil's oscillations will decay like any RLC resonator.  Perhaps with the help of your DSO try to measure how long the ringing lasts and over how many cycles.  It will give you a sense of how much time you can work with the resonating coil.

Synchro1:

I have read the speculations for years about bench experiments interacting with the Shumann resonance.  Those comments are wild speculations and in fact are not true.  You can safely ignore the Shumann resonance.

MileHigh

synchro1

Shumann resonance is merely one aspect of the "Oscillating frequency of magnetisem" as measured along any Bloch wall and determined to be a constant.

MileHigh

Synchro1:

Well I don't understand what you said and I am wondering what kind of example you can illustrate for the Bloch wall.

The Shumann resonance is associated with the Shumann cavity that surrounds the Earth.  It's like a huge microwave cavity that certain wavelengths of EM radiation will bounce off of.  It's like the Earth is a ball inside another larger ball where the inside of the larger ball is like a giant mirror.  So waves reflect off of the inside of the larger ball and bounce around.  It's the size of the ball hat determines the resonance frequency.  The ball size and shape change over time because of changes in the space weather.  One source of energy to set up the waves inside the reflective ball is lightning strikes.  A small portion of the energy in the EM wave pulse from a lighting bolt will be in the right wavelength range to reflect off of the Shumann cavity.  So the energy bounces around and just like in an RLC resonator, it eventually dies away in perhaps a few seconds (I would have to check to be sure.)

So you are working on your bench, and then thousands of miles up in space is the giant curved reflective surface of the lossy Schumann cavity.  Somewhere in the mix are the Van Allen radiation belts.

Don't worry be happy!  lol

MileHigh

synchro1

The SBC resonant frequency Farmhand measured in his SBC electromagnet  is the same as his other Tesla coils, determined by the constant L C frequency in all the SBC coils. This is the same harmonic as the frequency between the Earth's magnetic poles and also the poles of a permanent magnet, in proportion to strength. The SBC's all share the same capacity to inductace ratio. The pure sine wave resonance is in tune with a broader spectrum of harmonics, including the one inside the neo sphere, depending on strength, and the Van Allen belts. 

Matching a proper size and strength sphere magnet spinner to an SBC for resonance is important

MileHigh

Farmhand:

I assume that your first tests will be with the coils acting like electromagnets.  If you want to go beyond that, some basic ideas for your consideration for analyzing your coils.  I am not going to get into too many details.  On thing is if you know the core material you can look up its magnetic properties.  But the fun is then to try to measure the permeability of the core yourself.  Another question is what is the saturation current for the core.  With your signal generator on square wave and a simple circuit you can measure the inductance of the two coils with your scope.  That can be compared with what your inductance meter says.  I am trying to think of another way to measure the differences in the self-capacitance between the two coils.  If you make them self-resonate and then set up the initial conditions and then measure the voltage across the coil that's one way.  Another way would be to look at the slew rate of the coil voltage increase when you switch of the driving transistor under very controlled conditions.  You could also double-check your measured resonant frequency by pinging the coils and letting them ring naturally and recording it.

You know how in a car you have your "idiot lights."  It's arguable that capacitance meters and inductance meters are somewhat akin to idiot lights.  So you can make these types of measurements with a scope.  On the other hand, it's not easy to do some of the stuff mentioned above if the experimenter is a beginner.  However, with enough hunting around on the web you could probably find the experiments in question.  I am really talking basic lab work, like "how to measure the inductance of an inductor."  I don't know if you want to go there but I thought I would mention it.

MileHigh