Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Exploring the Inductive Resistor Heater

Started by gmeast, April 25, 2013, 11:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picowatt

Quote from: gmeast on April 29, 2013, 09:38:02 AM

Greg,

I have been watching your video and remain a bit confused.

I thought the premise of your measurement method was that it did not require the measurement of the voltage/current of any complex or fast risetime waveforms.  Yet apparently the voltage at SH3 is being used.

So far, this is what I gather you are doing, please correct me if I am in error:

Step 1:  Run the burst heater and note the deltaT, SH3 Vdrop, and the Vbatt start/stop voltages.

Step 2:  To determine the burst heater's output power, you use a fixed DC supply to drive Rload to the same delta T as in step 1 and note the supply's V and I.

Step3:  To determine input power for step 1, use a rheostat as Rload adjusted to produce the same SH3 Vdrop as noted in step 1 and again measure Vbatt start and stop voltages.

Step4:  Compare the battery discharge curves from step1 and step 3

Before I attempt to grasp this a bit more, how is SH3 being measured in step 1?

PW

picowatt

Greg,

I originally thought you were:

Step1:  Run BH circuit, note deltaT and Vbatt start/stop voltage
Step2:  Use supply to produce same deltaT in step 1 and note the required power using supply's V and I
Step3:  Apply a selected resistive load to Vbatt which produces a similar power load to Vbatt as determined by step 2

Step4:  Compare discharge curves of step1 and step2

The reason I thought you were doing this way was to eliminate the need to measure complex waveforms.

Explin it a bit more if you would...

PW

picowatt

Greg,

I see there is a "step 5", as further verification, wherein you use the rheostat to generate a similar discharge curve as observed in step one and note the V and I of that test.

From what I originally gathered, and still do, it appears that you rely heavily on the discharge characteristics of your lead acid batteries to make your determination of OU.

I can only restate what I said in my original post here, which is that under different load profiles, a battery will net a different amp hour (or watt hour) rating and, ultimately, different discharge curves, even if those load profiles produce similar average loads.

As well, the effects of desulphation and pulse/reverse pulse plating when using pulsed loads, as compared to DC loads, will very likely affect the discharge curves as well.

Is there some part of your testing that I have missed that rules out the effects of different load profiles, desulphation, and pulse/reverse pulse plating as the reason for the different discharge curves?  One would think that if theses effects are not in play with your tests, that the battery could be eliminated altogether and only a DC supply used to prove that more heat is generated in the burst heater circuit than is produced under DC conditions.

Have you ever run the burst heater off of a well filtered supply, measured the V and I, and then applied that same amount of power from the supply directly to Rload to see if excess heat is produced in the first instance?

PW

gmeast

Discharge 'characteristics "no" ... energy drawn from the batteries "yes". I must say, you are the only one stuck on this "characteristics" nonsense.

To attempt to clarify things further:

I use a scope to make sure the waveform is not doing weird things. I monitor the FET's drain for waveform shape and SH3 for one of the mean CSR values and I also use a DVM on SH3 as a check for agreement between the instruments ... and they always agree. Using a DVM is that poynty-head's thing he's so proud of.

BUT ... the values from SH3 do not represent the energy consumed by the circuit. NO instruments can detect the types of energies that account for the excess heating on RL nor can they detect anything going on inside the battery as a result of D1.

You are simply assuming that the final judgement has been rendered as to how to measure anything and everything and that everything is known that is ever to be known and there is nothing left to be learned. How terrible that you have limited yourself in that way.

Bye