Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Finally! Independent Testing Of Rossi's E-Cat Cold Fusion Device. Success?

Started by rukiddingme, May 21, 2013, 12:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritz

Quote from: markdansie on May 23, 2013, 04:00:10 AM
As Milehigh explained they are measuring heat not heat flow.

Where´s the problem ?
An object with temperature "n" emits at least "black body radiation" - additional to that there will be heat transfer due to convection.
Deriving the radiation (energy flow) from the temperature is straight forward.
Setting up calorimetry would trigger the need to measure a flow and 2 temperatures.
This might be a monstrous setup using a media heated up to 800 deg.
As Planck´s Law is something usual scientists believe in - it´s an appropriate and exact way to measure the energy flow (caused from black body radiation) from a hot body.
If the device would operate at lower temperatures, the convection effect would dominate the energy transfer - and the appropriate way to measure would be "proper calorimetry".
In such setup the radiation component would be assumed to be almost ignoreable.

To sum it up - its a matter of operating temperature.

rgds.

verpies

Sterling's has commented on why the testing is not up to par, including in one case some actual calculation errors using this method. 
What calculation errors?

As Milehigh explained they are measuring heat not heat flow.
The transfer of thermal energy from an object to the environment constitutes a flow of energy.

From a dumb ass perspective (mine)  If I had a soldering iron and applied power it would heat up but stay in a certain temperature band according to the ability to it to disperse the heat. If I turned it off it would cool down. If I put more power into it it would get hotter and may even glow red and other colors if I kept heating it at a rate faster than it could disperse the heat.
1. What is the difference from this to a Rossi Tube
The thermal energy transfer relationship is the same.
Your soldering iron would produce thermal energy internally and lose this energy to the environment through EM radiation, convection and conduction (EM loss would dominate only at very high temperatures).
Because the rate of this loss is proportional to the rate of production, then the temperature equilibrizes at a level when these rates become equal.
This way the temperature becomes proportional to the rate thermal energy production/dissipation.

The function of this proportionality is influenced by surface blackness, emitter's shape (including porosity),  thermal contact area between emitter and support struts, air temperature, air pressure, air humidity and air velocity.

2. Why does it cool down if it is past the heat thresh hold to make it so called self run.
I don't know.
Maybe the internal energy production ceases to increase above some temperature.

Quote from: TinselKoala on May 22, 2013, 11:25:06 PM
I can find no indication that the clampons can detect DC current offsets.
This is very significant !
If these clampon ammeter probes indeed are insensitive to DC or HF, then this opens up new possibilities of clandestine power delivery to the E-Cat.

fritz

Quote from: verpies on May 23, 2013, 05:25:33 AM
This is very significant !
If these clampon ammeter probes indeed are insensitive to DC or HF, then this opens up new possibilities of clandestine power delivery to the E-Cat.

[DC]    Every mains-powered equipment  with a transformer connected to the same line will immediatly _die_.
[RF]     Any RF power source capable to substitute the power effect at that level (>1kW) will provoke artefacts in the area of the setup.
If you keep in mind that there is no matched transmission line from "fake rf main" to DUT - there would be the need for 4 or even more kW of RF output power.

For me, the only true proof would be:
If the hot cat weights the same as a duck.

markdansie

Our speculations are meaningless but worthwhile given the predictions and promises of Rossi the last two years vs those asking questions...I think the skeptics win.
I have never said there is not an effect, in fact many other people have observed small increases. However no one has ever been able to engineer it into something useful. there is where the real challenge.
I think also the people in the market place with their scrutiny and engineers have spoken. According to Mr Green not 1 single unit has been sold...you think it would be a no brainier if it worked to anyone's satisfaction.
So two years on...no robot factories, no E-cat sales and no testing that I would consider convincing.
Just my opinion
Mark