Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New generator patent using environment temperature to generate power

Started by RedEagle, June 26, 2013, 01:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do You Think this device will work?

Yes, definately
1 (10%)
Yes, but it needs changes
2 (20%)
not sure
4 (40%)
No, it can not work at all
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 29, 2014, 12:10:18 AM

forest

QuoteLet us assume we have the 'large perfectly insulated house with a stove inside' and backtrack a little to the point before the thief comes along and creates the hole.We know, due the conservation of energy (the first law of thermodynamics is  re-statement of that) that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed from one form to another. Thus the stove is not 'creating 'energy. It is merely transforming it from one form, (chemical potential) to another,  heat.Let's fast forward to the point where the stove runs out of fuel. Analysing the stove before that point is not important here.

Your example is of course the good explanation of a law of theormodynamics , but it's completly different case...
It's simply  contrary to the assumptions on which are based my example. Stove is running continously , and even if it would someday run out of fuel it will be long after thief death. The stove for this house is our Sun , house is Earth and we are a thief robbing it from resources....

I think it would be better to use original Tesla examples if I could found it. Need some time to recall where I saw them.
This is nothing wrong or against the physic laws, it's exactly what we are doing every day with heat pumps. What I tried to explain is that this is not about creating gradient because it won't work obviously, but this is about creating a sink of energy already present in background.

forest

1. We need a temperature gradient to do work. 2. The efficiency of such a device is dependent on the difference in temperature of the gradient. 3. The characteristics and knowledge of what happens when we have such a gradient is well known to current science and engineering.4. The device described in this patent application does not advance that knowledge.

1. We are in the place of much higher temperature then the "background". Earth temperature is much higher then outer space.
2. Sure. That's why we cannot do that by simple device (I would call it linear) as the difference between two points along the device is insignificant. Gradient is small if any.
3.SURE.
4.I don't know German :-( but I have described the process on which any devices are based , not this one particulalry. I will point to the Tesla statements later. This is very bracing to read them, because there is HOPE.

LibreEnergia

Quote from: forest on June 30, 2013, 05:25:25 AM

Your example is of course the good explanation of a law of theormodynamics , but it's completly different case...
It's simply  contrary to the assumptions on which are based my example. Stove is running continously , and even if it would someday run out of fuel it will be long after thief death. The stove for this house is our Sun , house is Earth and we are a thief robbing it from resources....

I think it would be better to use original Tesla examples if I could found it. Need some time to recall where I saw them.
This is nothing wrong or against the physic laws, it's exactly what we are doing every day with heat pumps. What I tried to explain is that this is not about creating gradient because it won't work obviously, but this is about creating a sink of energy already present in background.

It's not really a 'different case'. If you consider 'the stove' is the sun then this is no different from generating energy from any form of solar energy. In this I would include photo voltaic , hydro, wind, concentrating solar thermal, or any other technology that relies on an potential gradient  provided directly or indirectly by the sun.
We pretty much understand the how's and why's of all these technologies and they are well characterised by existing knowledge without to resort to more esoteric theory.

Now if you were to propose creating a potential difference using time travel such as this guy' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGdrpt_UlOk) assures us is possible then I might think there is something to get interested in.

After all we'd only need to create a space-time wormhole from a nice summer day in the present to the depths winter in the last ice-age and we'd be able to extract any amount of energy we required. The problem being neither I nor anyone else (including the technology disclosed in this patent application) has any idea how to achieve such a thing , or if they do they are keeping  it secret for now.   

RedEagle

Quote from: LibreEnergia on June 29, 2013, 11:11:54 PM
I doubt any engineer (at least any one with any understanding of thermodynamics) would get involved. The process you describe in the patent simply will not work unless you have access to an environmental temperature gradient. The efficiency possible is determined by the difference temperature of the hot and cold reservoirs.

You cannot use a device  to 'manufacture' that temperature gradient and expect to extract uasable work. The energy involved in doing that is ALWAYS more than the energy available to be captured by utilizing the manufactured temperature gradient. (2nd Law of thermodynamics applies here. Entropy of the system as a whole increases)

The second law of thermodynamics describes a movement of heat ernergy from one reservoir to another. that is as simple as lifting a weight.
You put energy in to lift it and gain the same amount of energy back when it drops.
Since you won't be able to convert all of that energy to usable energy you will end up with less than you first put in.
Heat works about the same as described in the carnot cycle.
You put in work to transport heat to a higher level and transporting it back to the old level will deliver the same amount of energy.
But to come back to the first example... how if your weight could drop deaper than it was in the first place?
Like it could drop in a hole?
You would end up with more energy than you put in resulting in the weight having less potential energy.
That is what my device does with heat.
It's not generating energy out of nothing but uses the potential energy of heat.
In a closed room it would cool down the room and at a certain point it would stop working.
It needs constant energy supply to run.
Considering the first law of thermodynamics you will have to agree, that the airstream thru the generator will leave it cooler than it came in and thus this energy has to be somewhere.
Now where in that machine is the break of the second law of thermodynamics?
There is none.
All processes in the generator are known and can be calculated.
I already had 3 physicians telling me it can't work because it would break the second law of thermodynamics, but none of them was able to show me where.
They found no error in the calculations nor logical and finally had to admit, that it does not break the second law of thermodynamics.
Its Like the second law of thermodynamics describs two reservoirs of water at different levels.
If you pump water from the lower to the higher reservoir it takes energy and you wont get more back by letting the water flow back to the lower.
Simple and easy to understand.
But it does not prevent a waterwheel in a waterfall from producing energy.

markdansie

sorry no cigar , many other attempts at similar approaches some almost 100 years old.
Take notice of Libre Energia
Mark