Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

30 cents per watt solar comming soon

Started by markdansie, July 17, 2013, 12:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e2matrix

Quote from: markdansie on July 18, 2013, 03:55:41 PM
because of the world glut of panels you can buy them (in quantity) from 35 cents b grade and 55c a
A grade in USA
Mark
Would you post some places selling at these prices?    Thanks

NTesla

Presumably the 30 cents per watt calculation assumes that no storage batteries are used and therefore it is not a stand alone system i.e. you have to be connected to the grid. Low cost solar is likely becoming a thorn in the side for power companies. It will be interesting to see how they react to increased solar panel usage. Will they punish consumers financially for producing their own energy as a consequence of loss of revenue? Will they limit 'solar assisted' customers forcing those with solar to go off the grid and therefore make solar unaffordable due to battery costs?

markdansie

@e2matrix,
I had those prices quoted by a good friend of mine who buys container loads for solar projects all the time. There is a massive glut of them att he moment.
However you are most likely going to pay three times that or more in small quantities.

With grid connected systems yo udi not need batteries and you are actually using theg rid as yoru storage by reversing the meter in teh day time.
Mark

markdansie

@NTelsa
In Australia over a million homes successfully connected to the grid, they have a population of only 22 million. In some cases the utility companies have to purchase the surplus back at a premium. Many of my friends get a check in the mail, while others just reverse their meters.
In The USA Utility companies are trying to impose penalties to grid connected solar homes, I guess its about philosophy and government legislation.
I agree with your sentiment about better to get of. Hopefully EOS and other battery vendors will provide affordable solutions.
Food for thought
Mark