Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A strong permanent magnet and a small coil

Started by buddyboy, July 26, 2013, 03:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Going back to the original topic, here is an excellent clip that explains why a coil needs to see changing magnetic flux with respect to time to generate some EMF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjVxR2fynk

Magluvin

Quote from: MileHigh on August 27, 2013, 10:34:30 PM
Going back to the original topic, here is an excellent clip that explains why a coil needs to see changing magnetic flux with respect to time to generate some EMF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjVxR2fynk

Oh, I agree with all that. ;) I agree, so far, that just magnets attached to a coil physically, what ever the configuration, should not produce an output, because there is no changing magnetic flux or as I say, no field cutting the windings.  But what would happen if we had a particular configuration of magnet/coil module and move the coil and magnet as one through space? Through the air, or water?

If anyone understands the Faraday paradox, the magnet can be attached to the coil/conductor and when in rotation or we can say in motion, current is induced into the coil/conductor/copper disk.

There are many vids on YT of simple experiments done on lathes and there is current. The issue is the conductor being induced is a solid copper or aluminum disk. Ultra low ohms from the inner diameter to the outer edge, coupled with bad connections trying to make contact with the inner and outer portions of the disk, as typically shown.

So the answer to that problem is to have more resistance in our conductor being induced. We need a coil of wire with a magnet attached to it. ;) ;D   But that magnet cant be centered on the coil. And it would be better to have 4 magnets. while I was winding my coils for my Lasersaber ez motor build, I had quite a few coils that the wire broke while winding that I will try my idea out with. I tried this idea with an ecore, 2 mags and like 20 turns of 23wag. Nada as for lighting an led. But these coils have near 3000 turns of 42 awg and can light an led with just one of the magnets Im going to try, just passing it with the rotor at low speeds. So with 4 mags in my idea of configuration, there should be more output than just the 1 rotor mag at lesser speeds im thinking. Like a batteryless bicycle wheel light. While in motion, producing dc. I was going to lay it out here what the magnet configuration should look like. Before I do, does anyone want to take a shot at a guess of how it should be?   ;D   Ive already described it in basic form, the operation of the configuration in my previous post.

Lasersaber talked about something Tesla said about long wires. Like miles of it. He said that if you have that much wire on a coil, high voltages are easily produced with weak moving fields. Something like that.

So basically it is a redesign of a homopolar gen with magnets attached to the coil(s). We are talking about magnets and coils being 1 unit here, together physically, the only exception is that the unit as a whole has to be in motion.  If it produces current output but no drag, thats a good thing. if there is drag, then if we applied power to the unit, would that cause the unit to move, pushing itself against what ever it was dragging against? :o ;) ;D

What was found with the paradox was that even though the magnets were rotating with the copper disk between them, was that the fields between the magnets were not moving with the magnets, as the copper disk was still producing current because of the field 'cutting' the copper as it spins in motion, because the fields were stationary even though the ring magnets were spinning So it would seem logical that if we have copper between 2 attracting magnets and we move the unit through space, then current should be produced in the copper. ;D

But lets say we have a coil and we put a magnet dead center on the face of the coil, like if the coil were mounted on the face of the magnet while the magnet was on a rotor, we wont see any current due to my description in my previous post.

Just getting my motor setup for reed switch holders and do some testing. Then I will try the coilmag idea. If anyone wants to try to guess the config for the 4 magnets I have in mind, go for it. Ill tell tomorrow.  I just want to see if anyone gets my drift. Was looking for magnets today that didnt have metalic coatings. There must be some eddy losses there, possibly affecting motors we build. Just thinkin.

lol, just had a strange thought. If the unit in motion can produce current, we may not have to move it at all. The surface of the earth moves like 1000mph, lol, just aim east or west. lol. If that were so, then this thread would become very valid. ;D

Mags

tinman

Quote from: Magluvin on August 27, 2013, 06:44:11 PM
Hows it going Tin   ;)

"If you pulse a coil (switch on then off) the polarity changes,only the current flow remains in the same direction."

When you say 'polarity changes', are you talking about magnetic or electric polarity?

Mags
Hey Mag's-fancy meeting you here lol.
I was refering to electrical polarity,as if it was the magnetic polarity,the current would change direction.
And spot on with post 18.
Here is a video i did some time ago showing this by using LED's,a coil and magnet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itP3QJ_-BL0

tinman

@ Mags
One would hope magregus knows the difference between a disc generator,and a generator that has coil's. I have tried using coils of wire insted of a solid disc ,in a homopolar setup-and it dosnt work.The free electrons either flow from the center of the disc/out, or from the outer edge of the disc/in. The magnetic field orientation determond's which way this happens,as dose the direction of rotation. So there has to be a straight line path from the center of the disc ,to the outer edge,and when we use coils ,that path is broken. Tesla had a design that had curved shaped disc segment's,and claimed that it would be a more efficient homopolar genrator.There have been quite a few replications of this design,and not one that i know of has produced anywhere near the current of that of the standard disc generator.

What is a coil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coil

What is a disk
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disc

So as we can see, a coil is not a disc.

Magluvin

Quote from: tinman on August 28, 2013, 07:53:25 AM
@ Mags
One would hope magregus knows the difference between a disc generator,and a generator that has coil's. I have tried using coils of wire insted of a solid disc ,in a homopolar setup-and it dosnt work.The free electrons either flow from the center of the disc/out, or from the outer edge of the disc/in. The magnetic field orientation determond's which way this happens,as dose the direction of rotation. So there has to be a straight line path from the center of the disc ,to the outer edge,and when we use coils ,that path is broken. Tesla had a design that had curved shaped disc segment's,and claimed that it would be a more efficient homopolar genrator.There have been quite a few replications of this design,and not one that i know of has produced anywhere near the current of that of the standard disc generator.

What is a coil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coil

What is a disk
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disc

So as we can see, a coil is not a disc.

Hey Tin

When we look at the disk, it is a conductor just like a wire. When the magnet field is dragged across the conductor currents will flow. Imagine the disk made of a small copper ring in the middle and a large copper ring for the outer diameter and copper wire spokes from the inner ring to the outer ring. Now, we know that if we reverse the polarity of the magnets, or rotate the rotor the other way, we get reverse polarity electrically whether its a disk or spoked wheel. ;)

So are we restricted to only having currents flowing inward or outward through the disk or spoked wheel? Not if we break up the pattern of the disk and the magnet field. Lets say we get rid of the rings and we use plastic rings but still have the wire spokes.  Lets assume we have 100 spokes. Lets divide them into groups of 5 and for each group, 20 groups, and each group has its own magnet, all NSNS. Group number 1 has N mags, group 2 has S mags, 3 has N mags and so on.  We now have group 1 with currents going inward on the spoked wheel, and group 2 currents going outward, 3 inward and so on.  Now all we have to do is make all these groups with 1 piece of wire. We start at the inner diameter in section group 1 and string it outward, then string it over to group 2 and sting it inward, over to group 3 outward and so on till we end up at the beginning of group 1. Then we continue to wind that pattern till we have as much as we want.

Ive made a wheel with a similar config that Ill be testing this weekend.

As for the 1 coil with 4 magnets arrangement, imagine a stator coil where a rotor magnet N is facing the left side of the coil and a S is facing the right side of the coil. Now mount that coil to the rotor in that position. The other 2 mags will be mounted on the outer side of the coil, in attraction to the inner rotor magnets, causing very dense field concentrated in each side of the coil.

Ill post results when its done. Im just finishing my EZ spin version here and will do these tests with this motor as a platform. Will see what happens. ;D

Mags