Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

You can't view the memberlist because...

Started by Qwert, August 30, 2013, 12:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwert

Quote from: Pirate88179 on August 31, 2013, 01:15:08 AM
I also clicked on statistics and got that too.  What browser are you using?

Bill

Firefox. I also suspect rather the cause which member gri refers to: it depends into which group you (me) are assigned. So, only Harti is capable to solve this.

HH

Pirate88179

Quote from: HH on August 31, 2013, 02:53:01 PM
Working fine for me, with firefox.

That is what I am using also.  I have no idea why some folks can not view this while others can.  Qwert and GRI, I would suggest pm'ing Stefan, the owner and administrator of this site, directly about this issue. (Hartiberlin)

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

gri

HH (newbie with 26 posts) ruins my assumption.

PMs are not editable because of smf developers stupidity,
while the posts editing time can be set to unlimited
in case Stefan will be Humanized ever.
Your Gritoadmixes to Gri | Digrigible: { Gri to Hartiberlin -> Hartiberlin to Gri }

Magluvin

Quote from: gri on August 31, 2013, 03:46:42 PM
HH (newbie with 26 posts) ruins my assumption.

PMs are not editable because of smf developers stupidity,
while the posts editing time can be set to unlimited
in case Stefan will be Humanized ever.

Being able to have unlimited time to edit posts is not a good thing. When people are debating subjects, some people have a tendency to refute that they had said something in the 'past' when someone claims that they did. And the accuser has the ability to 'quote' that 'past' history to set things straight. If it were unlimited, then things would be really screwed up when people try to read threads as a whole, as anyone could go back at any time and change things or even make posts simply go away. If that were possible, then replies, from others to the edited/missing posts would not make any sense, and leave a new reader boggled if not just plain disinterested.

And maybe there are circuits posted here that are valid for OU but nobody gave it a chance. If there are, Im glad the poster of that design or circuit does not have the ability to go back years later and extinguish it.  ;) Say maybe a situation like that were to be, what if that circuit was good and the poster was pressured possibly by outside influence to delete it, then they cannot, and they shouldnt be pressured any further if they have no control over the situation.

But then again, with all the revelations of internet companies handing over personal data or just requests for subject deletion, etc., If OU.com were to come under pressure, then OU.com may not have many choices, when we consider Microsoft, Google, Verizon, Facebook, Apple, etc and what they have been putting out on demand. ;)

Mags