Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnapack

Started by tinman, August 31, 2013, 09:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: tim123 on September 01, 2013, 09:07:51 AM
I was watching your 'Rotary Transformer' vids yesterday. I'm fascinated. I can't figure out how it works. Gonna have to make one... Did you ever hook it up to a generator? :)
Ah ,some one is starting to put all the pieces together. How exactly do you circumvent lenz force? or use it to your advantage?.
I will be interested to see if you can work that one out (the rotary transformer).
There are many on my forum who are still trying to work that one out.
I have just aquired another of those exact motor's,so now one will be the development block,(will be choped,bent and shaped),and the other will be the final product once we know what give's the best result's.

tim123

Hi Tinman. I've figured out how it works (Rotary Transformer). It is genius mate.

Is this open source? Given the principle of operation - it's possible to improve on... The universal-motor hack isn't bad, but it's far from an optimal configuration... Really need more stator poles, not so big, eh...

I think you've totally cracked OU with the RT mate. Awesome. :)

Do we need a new thread here, to cover the RT?

Tim

TinselKoala

Quote from: MileHigh on September 01, 2013, 12:53:15 AM
TK:

Are you sure you are not complicating things even more than me?  lol  My comments assume that Tinman is using a wonderful simple sine wave output from his signal generator.  That's what we see in the scope shots.  So all that you need is to work with sine wave excitation is RMS values and phase angles.  There is no need to become a human DSO with built-in math!

MileHigh

Using the method I showed the only math you need is addition, multiplication and division. You don't need to measure phase angles or calculate trig functions, and the method I show works with any waveforms or phase shifts, because it results in a sample-by-sample instantaneous power value, which you can then integrate later to find average power dissipation or energy flow.
It's tedious to do it by hand, sure... but it works and it is as accurate as you are meticulous.  You can certainly work with phase angles and RMS values for sine waves... if you are sure your waves are sinusoidal, you can measure the phase angle correctly and you are comfortable with the trig. But this only works with sinusoidal waves.

You should be able to see from tinman's traces that the phase relationship varies. But there isn't an easy way to measure the phase differences using his scope, I don't think. Maybe there is, I'll have to check the Atten manual. It might be neat to put the scope into x-y mode and see what kind of shapes you get.

Doing a manual multiplication and integration  from an analog or non-math digital scope is tedious, not complicated. There is a difference. Digital photography makes it a lot easier. Can you imagine taking a film photo, with your special Polaroid camera, of the scope screen then cutting the traces out of the photograph and weighing the shapes on an analytical balance? Or transferring to graph paper and counting little boxes of areas?  That is what people did before digital storage scopes, and they did a lot of it.

TinselKoala

Quote from: tinman on September 01, 2013, 01:00:53 AM
Well i now am starting to see why it's hard to learn how to measure things correctly.

Quote MH: but I am only interested in the DC resistance measurements for the two coils that form the bifilar.

Quote TK: Grr. You are operating at two thirds of a megahertz. The DC resistance alone of the coils is almost irrelevant, would only become relevant if you were doing a DC control heating run.

So two great minds telling me two different thing's? ???

(snip)

Heh... not really. I think that the inductances are going to contribute more to the total AC impedance than the resistance will. MH perhaps thinks the opposite. But it is the total AC impedance that must be used in "ohm's law" kinds of calculations, not just the DC resistance component of the total impedance.

Pirate88179

OK, I am lost here.  A long time ago I had the idea of using a neo ring for a JT core and was told that you can't use a magnet for a core because the field never collapses completely and therefore you can't get anything out of it.  So how is Tinman seeing anything out of this set-up?

As I said, I am lost and just simply do not understand this at all.  (Nothing new for me)

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen