Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lidmotor's Penny circuit help needed.

Started by Dark Alchemist, September 27, 2013, 02:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Alchemist

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1FTnxstQY4

That is the simulation I did and I can't figure out how to get it to do more than 28ma at 0.5v (any higher volts makes it go crazy).

TinselKoala

The circuit is a Joule Thief variant. I've re-drawn it using a more standard "rail-to-rail" layout so that the JT-ness is more obvious.
Please check my schematic re-draw for errors. I couldn't quite make out the value of the base resistor-- it looked like 400k but please correct me here if I got it wrong.

I am confused about your "28 mA". Please explain what you are talking about here. The JT produces pulses through the LED. The current during the pulse will be a matter of the "turn-on" voltage of the LED and its resistance, or fwd voltage drop, and the supplied peak voltage value from the JT oscillator. I see nothing in your sim or schematic that allows measurement of current here.

Dark Alchemist

That looks about right except it is 800k resistor not 400k.  He managed to get this to work at .5v but max is 28ma with my mods but a higher voltage, or ma requirement, and forget it.

TinselKoala

OK, I'll correct the schematic to read 800K for the resistor. thanks.

But I still don't understand this "28 mA" and "higher mA requirement" that you are talking about. Do you mean input current from the 0.5 V source?

Please tell me exactly where this "28 mA" figure is coming from, and what you do to change it to, say, 29 mA that doesn't work.

JTs that are designed for very low input voltages will often "saturate" and stop oscillating if given too much input voltage. That's not so unusual.

Dark Alchemist

Quote from: TinselKoala on September 27, 2013, 11:44:10 AM
OK, I'll correct the schematic to read 800K for the resistor. thanks.

But I still don't understand this "28 mA" and "higher mA requirement" that you are talking about. Do you mean input current from the 0.5 V source?

Please tell me exactly where this "28 mA" figure is coming from, and what you do to change it to, say, 29 mA that doesn't work.

JTs that are designed for very low input voltages will often "saturate" and stop oscillating if given too much input voltage. That's not so unusual.
The video showed what I meant by 28ma and .7v and 1v I don't consider too much voltage but I think this circuit does.

28 ma LED and that box (sorry I assume people have multisim) you saw me open that is where you can change the If of the LED.  I can change it all the way up to 28ma and it works but at 29ma it no longer will power the LED on.

So, I am wanting a way to increase the circuit's ability to power a LED beyond 28ma.