Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Self accelerating reed switch magnet spinner.

Started by synchro1, September 30, 2013, 01:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: synchro1 on October 04, 2013, 04:43:32 PM
@TK,

You could cut a narrow slit through a piece of paper and tape it to the LED.

ROFL!!!

MileHigh

TK:

I watched your clip and I think the strobing with the LED actually works pretty well.  I still think that with the LED illuminating a white dot from behind so the reflected light bouncing off the dot is directed at your eyes the effect will be good enough to get the job done.  You could indeed pulse the light on the start and end of the coil pulse on every fourth tick which will add complexity but it is still doable.  This was mentioned primarily for people without scopes to give them a home brew "rotary scope" for their pulse motors.  All part of the "do it on the cheap" theme.  When you have a real scope, all of the start and stop angle information is right there on your scope display.

Anyway, you are the builder so do your thing!  You have already demonstrated the main bells and whistles.  In your first working motor clip the pickup coil was fixed and the drive coil was moveable.  So moving the drive coil angular position in this case would allow you to move the timing of the start of the pulse.  You mentioned that the comparator can cut the pickup coil waveform at whatever potential you dial up with your 10-turn pot to produce the drive pulse for the main coil.  You mentioned the signals seem to be clean and sharp.  So it's pretty much done and it's all gravy from this point on.

The nice stable output from the comparator is nice in the sense that you can use the rising edge or the falling edge to trigger your scope and look at any signal you want if you want to try to optimize the pulse motor.

MileHigh

TinselKoala

Monostable 555 takes input pulses and shortens them.... completes strobe part of circuit.

MileHigh

TK:

If I could make just one clip request it would be this:  Trigger on the pickup coil waveform and display the comparator output on the other channel and play with the 10-turn pot.  That will show the "voltage threshold slicing" in a very dramatic fashion and might blow some minds.

MileHigh

TinselKoala

Quote from: synchro1 on October 04, 2013, 12:37:34 PM
@TK,

Unquestionably the highest state of the art in pulse motor circuitry to date. Congratulations on perfecting duty cycle control so elegantly. The speed up coupled with increased back power out defies customary logic. I wonder if a loop back to source would produce a self runner? The 250 volt back spikes are awesome! I bet JLN will bench test a replication.

I wouldn't go that far... I think Farmhand's circuits are more sophisticated and potentially useful. And let's not forget that this was MileHigh's original idea, I am just running with it and making it practical. I think this method has a lot going for it and I have already thought up some great linear and pendulum kinds of things that would make good use of the circuitry.

I really don't think that the spikes could be collected and looped back to make it run itself. But for other things, yes. Recirculating them might slow the rundown or even make it accelerate but it will always run out of energy and stop. I'd love to be proved wrong about this, and I'm trying to do it myself....

Yes, I'm a bit surprised by the spikes too, and without cores too. I'll start doing collection experiments in a couple of days.

Heh... If Jean-Louis does it, it will look nice, run nice and he might even make it be OU.... he has good luck that way.
;D