Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Very simple example of artificial gravity

Started by nybtorque, November 06, 2013, 05:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nybtorque

I bring this concept up for discussion.

The idea is to use the centrifugal force to pump liquid. If the hose is filled with water and if it rotates at enough velocity, the centrifugal force acting on the liquid in hose, will make the liquid exit the hose at the open end and by doing so pumping water at the other end. Of course a certain velocity is needed to make it work as in the example below (which I have not calculated and depends on hose dimensions and how high the water has to be lifted...). The interesting part though, as always, is that disregarding friction, it should be possible to keep pumping water without adding energy for rotation, since the mass of the rotational device including water will always be the same.

nybtorque

Quote from: nybtorque on November 06, 2013, 05:51:57 AM
I bring this concept up for discussion.

The idea is to use the centrifugal force to pump liquid. If the hose is filled with water and if it rotates at enough velocity, the centrifugal force acting on the liquid in hose, will make the liquid exit the hose at the open end and by doing so pumping water at the other end. Of course a certain velocity is needed to make it work as in the example below (which I have not calculated and depends on hose dimensions and how high the water has to be lifted...). The interesting part though, as always, is that disregarding friction, it should be possible to keep pumping water without adding energy for rotation, since the mass of the rotational device including water will always be the same.

A rudimentary calculation suggests that if we have a 3/4" garden hose and if we swing it at a 1Hz frequency it will lift water in the hose >7m. So it will be more than enough for testing and very doable.

conradelektro

According to my unimportant opinion you have reinvented the centrifugal pump:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_pump

The centrifugal pump is not OU and one needs force to overcome gravity.

Greetings, Conrad

nybtorque

Quote from: conradelektro on November 06, 2013, 06:43:36 AM
According to my unimportant opinion you have reinvented the centrifugal pump:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_pump

The centrifugal pump is not OU and one needs force to overcome gravity.

Greetings, Conrad

Thanks for your response Conrad. Of course I know about centrifugal pumps... and of course one needs force to overcome gravity... I'm sorry I didn't state that more clearly.

However, I still find it interesting to discuss the actual physics of the garden hose "impeller design". Especially I would like to know exactly what makes it unable to pump water the way I describe? Or, if it is possible, exactly what makes it harder to rotate the hose when water is pumped than when it is plugged?   

Regards, NT