Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lenzless resonant transformer

Started by Jack Noskills, January 17, 2014, 04:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsu

Quote from: MileHigh on February 27, 2014, 12:40:02 AM

Going back to your test, a big chunk of the signal generator power is being drained off in the 3rd coil + cap, it's happening in the resistance of the wire itself.  The higher the current in the resonant tank, the more power burned off and turned into heat.  So it makes sense that the light bulb that is part of the regular secondary circuit dims, because the power is being 'stolen' by the 3rd coil + cap.

The moral of the story is to measure the various wire resistances of your coils and measure the RMS current flowing though the coils so that you can measure where the power is being burnt off in the circuit.  The power being burnt off in the wire of the coil always counts and it must be factored into your measurements.

MileHigh

Thanks MileHigh,

you got a way with words.....  i agree, its my feeling also, but you put it down very nicely.

I can try to "map" the currents involved and so confirm that this L3 is draining the energy from the resonating L2.

Regards Itsu

itsu

Quote from: Jack Noskills on February 27, 2014, 01:47:32 AM

Thanks itsu, that was almost what I had in mind.

The 100 turn coil with cap should be the primary, one secondary isolated tank and on the other secondary you put load in series with cap. Result should be that primary remains in resonance when power is taken.

If result is positive, then could try with bigger capacitors ?

I am bit confused with the results here. Energy stored in a capacitor is Q*V*V. In this case V=190 and Q=5.5nf, this times 62000 gives 12 watts circulating in the tank, still it cannot light that tiny bulb. Bulb resistance seems to affect this, maybe it causes voltage to drop in capacitor and energy cannot be used ? So what we need is at least one isolated tank in the system.

Ok Jack,

I missed that the L3 should be the primary, i can change that and feed the L3 with the FG.

I do have some problems with your "isolated tank".
I fact, none of the 3 coils is really isolated as all 3 are linked via the core.
On the other hand they are not direct connected to each other, so in that way they are all 3 isolated.
So perhaps you can rededine with what you mean by:
"one secondary isolated tank and on the other secondary you put load in series with cap."

Thanks,  regards Itsu

Jack Noskills

Quote from: itsu on February 27, 2014, 05:46:41 AM
Ok Jack,

I missed that the L3 should be the primary, i can change that and feed the L3 with the FG.

I do have some problems with your "isolated tank".
I fact, none of the 3 coils is really isolated as all 3 are linked via the core.
On the other hand they are not direct connected to each other, so in that way they are all 3 isolated.
So perhaps you can rededine with what you mean by:
"one secondary isolated tank and on the other secondary you put load in series with cap."

Thanks,  regards Itsu

By 'isolated' I mean electrically isolated. There was no picture of this in the pdf, I realised later that results were little better with separate LC-circuit.

Looking at your latest vid, remove signal gen and bulb from one secondary so result is electrically isolated LC tank. Second secondary with bulb remains the same.

If possible, current and voltage readings would also be interesting to see in the isolated LC. That reactive power should be reflected to the other secondary. But does output bulb now reduce reactive power circulating in the isolated LC ?

MileHigh

Farmhand:

Yes, I recall your comments now.  Note that presentation and analysis of data is an important aspect of getting people's attention.  It's very rare that I watch YouTube clips nowadays, so I don't know if you crunched the numbers or not or just made an observation.  Conrad dropped the ball there in my opinion.  It looked pretty obvious that the total coil system dissipation went down when he added the load resistor, but it was Gyula that confirmed the observation by crunching the numbers about two weeks after the fact.  It's not my place to tell people what to do but that's my opinion.  What almost drives me crazy is when people make a clip where they do a verbal run-down of what the connections are.  They should make a schematic.  Perhaps it doesn't bother other people, I don't know.  But my eyes glaze over by the time you get to the verbal description of the fourth connection.

Itsu:

Thanks for your comments.  Please keep in mind when I post often I am thinking about the wider general audience so some comments are not necessarily specific to you.  For example, in many of your clips you measure the coil resistance and mention it.  You have a great testing setup and excellent bench skills.

Jack:

From page 2:

Quoteverpies: It most certainly is OU, but I have no meters so I cannot say how much.

Hold your horses!  Honestly, I have never seen an electronic circuit produce OU.  Coils are not OU.  Transformers are not OU.  Capacitors are not OU.  That doesn't mean that you still can't turn investigations into circuits into a great learning experience.  Note that Itsu has replicated many different OU candidate circuits and has not found OU in any of them.

MileHigh

MileHigh

Jack:

QuoteI am bit confused with the results here. Energy stored in a capacitor is Q*V*V. In this case V=190 and Q=5.5nf, this times 62000 gives 12 watts circulating in the tank, still it cannot light that tiny bulb. Bulb resistance seems to affect this, maybe it causes voltage to drop in capacitor and energy cannot be used ? So what we need is at least one isolated tank in the system.

I am not sure what you are talking about here.

The energy in a capacitor is 1/2*C*V*V.    "Q" is used for charge, not capacitance.   The energy crunches out to 99.3 micro-joules of energy.  That's what's circulating in the tank.  What do you mean when you say "12 watts," that doesn't make sense!  We are talking about energy in the tank, not power.

I know it's kind of politically incorrect to correct other people sometimes.  But if people don't correct each other then you have stagnation, and you end up spinning your wheels and making the same errors over and over.   My advice to you is to find a good YouTube channel for beginning electronics instruction.  Watch every clip in the channel until you get it.  Then move onto an intermediate YouTube channel for electronics instruction.

Please don't get offended, I am giving you sound advice.

MileHigh