Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Silly question about voltage and current

Started by dieter, February 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave45

Quote from: Dave45 on March 05, 2014, 09:16:49 AM
You say electrons are negative and that current flows from neg to pos then turn around and study circuits right the opposite

You say well we know its wrong but it works, have you ever asked yourself why it works, could it be that there is a flow from pos to neg as well as a flow from neg to pos.

What would happen if two charges a pos and a neg charge were separated, what happens when combined.

SeaMonkey

Quote from: TinKoala
...they know which way electrons go,

Aye, they do.  In a vacuum or near vacuum as inside
a vacuum tube there is no question. :)

Within a conductor the movement is somewhat
different as it functions as a queue;  each individual
initiating electron moves a very short distance but causes
the entire queue to move very rapidly the same short
distance. 8)

Now, that appears to be some sort of incredible power;
a single electron is able to move billions or even trillions
of others in the queue! :o

TinselKoala

Quote from: Dave45 on March 05, 2014, 09:35:28 AM
You say well we know its wrong but it works, have you ever asked yourself why it works, could it be that there is a flow from pos to neg as well as a flow from neg to pos.

What would happen if two charges a pos and a neg charge were separated, what happens when combined.
I have asked myself that, and I have also "asked" much more clever folks than I, by studying and working problems in electrical engineering. You may want to locate the book called "Circuits, Devices and Systems" by Ralph Smith, to get an idea about just what such study entails. Look, it is available on the internet:
http://pdf7835.chuobooks.com/circuits-devices-and-systems-edition-PDF-3098440.pdf

Separating positive and negative charges and holding them apart is what a Capacitor does. When you combine them by shorting the capacitor or connecting it to a circuit, you get an arc, or usable current in your circuit elements, until the charges have completely neutralized each other or you put more charge in.

Next question?

(Little NE2 neons will tell you the polarity of charge. Only the negatively charged electrode glows in those. If you see both electrodes glowing you know you have AC in there at some frequency. If not... the electrode that IS glowing is the one that is negatively charged. It is emitting electrons that ionize the neon and when the neon atom "de-ionizes" it emits a photon of energy equal to the ionization energy.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5I_BM4E00E

TinselKoala

Quote from: SeaMonkey on March 05, 2014, 02:49:37 PM
Aye, they do.  In a vacuum or near vacuum as inside
a vacuum tube there is no question. :)

Within a conductor the movement is somewhat
different as it functions as a queue;  each individual
initiating electron moves a very short distance but causes
the entire queue to move very rapidly the same short
distance. 8)

Now, that appears to be some sort of incredible power;
a single electron is able to move billions or even trillions
of others in the queue! :o
Yep, the vacuum tube, especially those like CRTs that are designed to produce an electron beam that has effects outside the tube, shows the truth. Filaments and cathodes are connected to the Negative, the Plate is connected to the Positive and a potential of 400 V or more (the "B+" supply) is used to pull those electrons out of the cathode and boost them towards the plate across the electric field gradient. They are formed into a  nice tight beam by magnets and coils and fieldshaping electrodes... the magnets bend the beam because it is a current-carrying thing just like a plasma wire, sort of. But the "conventional current" used to analyze the circuit is still taken to be "flowing" from the plate Anode to the Cathode, just like the tube were a diode. Which it is, with other things thrown in there to make it a triode or pentode.

TinselKoala

Now let me make a very bold statement. There is nothing wrong with making up your own theories about stuff like electricity! But if you do so, you should still understand enough about the hidebound "conventional" theory, which is Quantum Electrodynamics in its various forms, to show how your theory is different, more interesting, that it makes different testable predictions than the existing theory, and so on. Having experimental evidence of a successful prediction that goes against conventional theory's prediction.... now that will ring some bells and that's why we are all here, I think.