Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OU acheived in nuclear fusion reaction? am i the first to comment on this here?

Started by loosecannon, March 03, 2014, 02:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loosecannon

i mostly just sandbag here and try to learn, but I saw an article recently where scientists say that they got more energy out than they put in during a nuclear fusion experiment, and i could not find a reference to it here.
(of course searching the word fusion leads to a lot of results!)
here is a link:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9246307/Scientists_achieve_nuclear_fusion_with_giant_laser

so, is this proof that OU is acheivable?
i fully expect to be shown that i am misunderstanding something, but who better to learn from than the minds here!
Loosecannon

LibreEnergia

Quote from: loosecannon on March 03, 2014, 02:10:42 AM
i mostly just sandbag here and try to learn, but I saw an article recently where scientists say that they got more energy out than they put in during a nuclear fusion experiment, and i could not find a reference to it here.
(of course searching the word fusion leads to a lot of results!)
here is a link:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9246307/Scientists_achieve_nuclear_fusion_with_giant_laser

so, is this proof that OU is acheivable?
i fully expect to be shown that i am misunderstanding something, but who better to learn from than the minds here!
Loosecannon

Nuclear fusion is not OU in the sense that most would use the words in this forum. The source of energy in fusion is well understood in that matter is being converted to energy. Break even for fusion occurs when the amount of energy required to force hydrogen together such that it fuses, is equal to the amount of energy liberated by the decrease in mass. (Energy and mass are related by e = mc^2).

Most would only ascribe the words OU to a hypothetical process where the energy source is not understood but chemical or nuclear sources can be discounted.

pulp

loosecannon

thank you for the reply and for the lesson.
looks like ive got some reading to do!
LC

MileHigh

It's actually a fantastic achievement and could eventually solve all of our energy problems.  There is still a long way to go but it does mark a significant milestone in LASER fusion research.  It could change everything.

MileHigh