Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Thomas Motor

Started by k4zep, March 05, 2014, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k4zep

Hi Gang,

You might check out this motor I have been working on for last couple years.

http://youtu.be/9s7sM3csFHM

Respectfully,

Ben K4ZEP

k4zep

Hi Gang,

Tomorrow I will build the Thomas motor using the same configuration as the ORBO, i'll switch back and forth between coils, The Thomas Coil and The ORBO coil and show the difference.  They both work but the Thomas is much more efficient...  The ORBO requires the same energy to change the permeability of the core as the Thomas, give or take but the Thomas PUSHES with static magnets after TDC., The ORBO only pulls with magnet to core interface.  We will ignore the generator action for now.  This is just plain fun.

See photo/drawing.  Notice the magnet of the ORBO pulls in till TDC, turn on core/shifts the PErm. to Zero, coast on by, hence runs.  Thomas same, magnet of the Thomas Pulls in till TDC, the coil turns ON/Perm. drops to 1 give or take, rotor magnet sees core magnet which pushes it away the coil turns off and both cycles continue over and over again.

Ben

SkyWatcher123

Hi ben, thanks for sharing.
Can the rotor magnets be directly across from the toroid, or does it have to be offset?
In the video, it sounded like you said you did that to prevent the high speeds, due to construction setup so far.
You have my interest, as i happened to pick up four good sized ferrite toroids at the surplus shop, few months ago.
Could you explain the benefits of this design, in your own words, if it functions how you think it does.
Though i have an idea of the benefits, rpm is not limited by induced counter emf from magnets and toroid permanent magnet gives a boost out of core area and this boost also avoids to some degree, the drag back (reluctance) to core losses.
May build a small test model myself.
peace love light
tyson :)

k4zep

Quote from: SkyWatcher123 on March 07, 2014, 01:58:28 AM
Hi ben, thanks for sharing.
Can the rotor magnets be directly across from the toroid, or does it have to be offset?
In the video, it sounded like you said you did that to prevent the high speeds, due to construction setup so far.
You have my interest, as i happened to pick up four good sized ferrite toroids at the surplus shop, few months ago.
Could you explain the benefits of this design, in your own words, if it functions how you think it does.
Though i have an idea of the benefits, rpm is not limited by induced counter emf from magnets and toroid permanent magnet gives a boost out of core area and this boost also avoids to some degree, the drag back (reluctance) to core losses.
May build a small test model myself.
peace love light
tyson :)
Good Morning Tyson,

Just got up,  6:30 am, was up late last night, drinking my Decalf Coffie.

To answer your first question.  Can the rotor magnets be directly across from the toroid, or does it have to be offset?

I find that the offset seems to work better, leaving the S side of the offset magnet in the air/open with air having a u of 1, seems to give the best effect if we are going to use N magnets approaching the toroid on the rotor.  I don't know exactly why but it definitely does.  I tried magnets all the way across the toroid and it did not work at all.  I think I know but will let it go till later. 

In my first video, the side loading on the rotor magnets by the toroid caused harmonic loading and unloading of the rotor due to it not being rigid enough.  In the second video I mostly get rid of that problem except bearing tolerances.

Benefits:  You pretty well much answered you own question.  Correctly set up, the small BACK EMF, GENERATOR EFFECT adds to the thrust due to the direction of the induced field in masking/switching/changing the toroids permeability. See two pictures attached, First one is motor pulse, second one is generator pulse with motor pulse off, they are additive.  The coil doesn't care about polarity to change the u so it could be either way and work the same.  Remember without the coil, the magnet is pulled into the core and then after TDC it is pulled back towards the core, hence canceling out any benefits.  By changing the permeability, we can make this action non linear or be used as a motor action.  When we lower the permeability of the toroid, the repulsive magnet on the inside (or opposite side from the rotor through the toroid core) is now seen by the rotor and you have additional kick.  This additional kick is one of the main differences between my motor and the ORBO motor.   Pulse motors is one of many things I mess with for fun, build one.  BE SURE you have a very free bearing to support the rotor and go for it. :)   Remember all, this is for fun!  I'm a old geezer, do a lot of of stuff from intuition/experience, etc.  I quit writing technical papers 10-15 years ago.

Ben

k4zep

Hey Gang,

Latest video of ORBO style motor or at least a masking type device.  I'm totally flummoxed, surprised, etc.  Jaw droopping, cant believe my eyes.
This damn thing is faster than my "Thomas" motor! >:(   I have no idea why it runs so well but run it does.  :o Coil is 28' #38 wire on toroid core, same switching,
same rotor, all things being equal, just damn fast.  Does not show the generator effect that the Thomas does, that can be good or bad.  Anyway.  Good Bad or UGLY,
here it is!

http://youtu.be/aCpniBm9i_M

Respectfully
Ben K4ZEP
Worlds smallest lab