Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Searching for a Tesla Patent

Started by Jeg, March 27, 2014, 09:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmhand

That drawing has additions from other Tesla sources the circuits to the left are added. And one drawing is definitely from a book called "The Inventions Researchings and writings of Nikola Tesla" I think it is called the words may be around the wrong way.
The bottom left circuit is a circuit he used to demonstrate a static machine like discharge. I suggest that the guy is a bit off track.

The main apparatus on the right is one of a few arrangements proposed towards the end of the Colorado Springs Notes.

It's a big download but it's cheaper than the book, however the book has content the PDF does not have. I was donated the book by a very kind friend who knew my interest in his discoveries, many of Tesla's achievements were discoveries and many were inventions to verify and utilize his discoveries.

The set up in question I think is an arrangement which produces a plasma bridge most likely for the modulation of signals/intelligence/voice/information, not power transmission. Tesla touches on the subject of modulating the output so as to transmit voice near the beginning.

Colorado Springs Notes download link. (other sources may be available), I used Scribe and shared other documents..
http://www.scribd.com/doc/337910/Nikola-Tesla-Colorado-Springs-Notes

Shanti

In this context:
I actually always wondered how Tesla would have wanted to modulate several different information streams onto his magnifying transmitter. I know his normal solutions, e.g. as an example with a direct conversion of speech into the modulation.

But as I understood the magnifying system, it needed to be in resonance with the earth. So a frequency modulation or using various different frequencies wouldn't have been a possibility, well maybe except for overtones.
It additionally seems strange to me, how he still wanted to be in resonance with the earth at such high frequencies and still have a good conduction.
As you also seem to have yourself occupied a lot with Tesla, I would be interested in your opinion.

Farmhand

Well I'm an amateur and I really do not know what Tesla's actual intentions were. But in my opinion the power transmission would be at a low frequency being an odd multiple of the Earths frequency so that an odd number of 1/4 wave lengths would fit across the Earth.  Then the signals could simply be carried by that lower frequency, just like internet over power line tech.

In my opinion he intended to use lower frequencies for power transmission. Remember Wardencliff was to be the prototype, it was likely he had several different idea's for achieving each thing he wanted to do.

In the Colorado Springs notes Tesla says that for the transmission of power (where large quantities of energy are to be transferred) to get the high voltage required a high rate of transformation would be way better than using resonant rise. A system using resonant rise to attain high voltages would be ok for the transmission of signals, I think it is because for signals the rate of energy use is small and the rise could be maintained. Whereas when a large power draw is put on the transmitter resonant rise would be retarded so the voltages would drop to transformation tension, hence the high rate of transformation would be the logical choice.

I have quoted the text several times in different threads about that point Tesla made about the high rate of transformation but the PDF is on my desktop PC which has a failed motherboard, another job to do. grrrrr.

The text is towards the beginning, but I don't recall exactly where I need to find it in the book. And photograph it.

Farmhand

Here's the Text. Maybe the OP's image device on the right was one of Tesla's idea's to get a lower frequency.

We should also remember that for such a massive transformer as the one proposed at Wardencliff a high frequency would only be in the tens of kHz. It's a relative term in context I think.

Shanti

Thanks for pointing that out again!!!

As I mentioned, it is now a few years ago, since I studied all these Tesla articles, so please pardon me, if I don't remember anymore all the details.

A few thoughts from my side:

In these "rare notes" Tesla describes partly this strange top spark-gap system. As it seems he really intended to have a second "free" oscillator top driven by the first oscillator. And he wanted to make all in one big tower.
As it seems he miscalculated the needed height for this tower.
The reality would be, that the tower would then have had to be extremely high.

But even with the numbers he got, he obviously got to the conclusion, that he cannot build the tower that high and that he rather would have to build two towers.

But why this "free" oscillator?

I could imagine the following: In this system, you want to have maximum energy oscillating with as few losses as possible to be able to transmit power through the earth.
What would your ideal resonator look like?

It would have as few resistance as possible (wire thick and as short as possible). As it needs as much energy oscillating as possible, the top capacitor has to be big.
The inductance should have no distributed capacity and absolutely no inductive coupling to any other circuit.
So the best solution would just be make a straight wire upwards with a big capacitor on top.
That's obviously what he intended to have in this "free" oscillator.

So why not make a "charging" (Tesla's term) oscillator which is not ideal and still has quite some losses, which then top feeds the "free" oscillator, which has almost no losses.
The "free" oscillator has no secondary, so no energy can get coupled out again.
The coupling is just from capacity to capacity. But if one top load is much smaller than the other, which is obviously the case in this setup, then for the same voltage on the top load, the "free" oscillator has much much more energy in it. Therefore there will never be the problem of the "free" oscillator discharging into the "charging" oscillator.

Like that you can make a charging circuit with quite a high coupling, as it is good for transmission of energy (like you pointed out) and still have an actual resonator which has almost no losses.

He intended to have the "free" oscillator on a Lamda/4 wave and the charging circuit on a 3/4 Lamda Wave. This also makes perfect sense, as you want to have them phase correct.

But what puzzles me: He still calculated and aimed a frequency of 100Khz for this oscillator. Why so high? I have serious doubts that this earth resonance system still works good with such a high frequency. But what do I know???

Funny is also his calculations about the ground potential rise, due to his oscillator having  10MV at the top load.
He calculated about 10Volts.
BTW: Here he again miscalculated. It seems, this happened quite often to him. I wonder how much miscalculations were in the CSN. As in the book I have, it is just said "all original calculation errors have been corrected".
Anyway: Back to the ground potential rise. He just calculated the earth as a pure capacity. the problem: The earth is huge. It takes time for the charge to distribute. That's why you get the standing waves.
So the local ground potential rise should IMHO be much higher than predicted.
Edit2:
Actually as Mark pointed out, the rise should IMHO be rather based on the impedance to the earth connection. Or what do you think?

Maybe he then dropped back to the original system, like in CS, mainly to transmit signals, as the power transmission system would just have been too expensive???
Or maybe he planned to have a CS like transformer in his brick building top feeding the big tower. There's at least some long central protruding, which could allow this speculation. Or maybe he just let the building be made like that, that he would later at least have the possibility to try something like this.

Edit:

BTW: It is IMHO also interesting that one pic shows that he also had the idea to at least use rough coils with big dia wire and big winding distances, instead of a straight "Wire" for the "free" oscillator. It surely would be a degrading of performance, OTOH one could make the tower much smaller like that. It is interesting that he intended to have several coils for that.
IMHO it is also obvious why: You can arrange the coils in a way (one CW, other CCW) that they will cancel out each others field in the middle of them, where the "charging" oscillator is. Like that you can decouple your "free" oscillator. With the straight wire, this wouldn't have been needed, as the m-fields would be perpendicular to each other.

Edit3: I mean this pic: http://www.tuks.nl/wiki/uploads/Main/Rare_Tesla_Notes_fig6.jpg
Lol I just realized, that you can actually see in this pic illustrated that some coils are CW, others CCW, as I supposed.