Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Akula0083 Light No3 - Dual TL494

Started by JohnnBlade, May 08, 2014, 11:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnBlade

Wow now i really appreciate my ACMMJB more after some tests with this Akula light.

cause i tried hooking up a motor on the output but it cant even make that spin with, and input goes up to 500mA @ 6v

with my ACMMJB i can run my dc motor with 270mA at 15.40v but input doesnt notice the dc motor.

something tels me its not voltage we are after, but we need to get the amps

but im not done yet ;)

Stage 1 ( ic1 ) works ok but on scope looks like shit
Stage 2 ( ic2 ) works ok, and again scope looks like shit.

im using 6v as a reference, and from there tuning to get best output results

then when i have the best sweet spots i will test both tl494 at once and find the sweet spot from that, and once i have that i will goto step 3 and try a better mosfet driver and see if that makes any difference.

and a good thing is, i touched the leads and no shock so it safe to test :) dont put the leads on yr tong :P ( i did not try that yet hahaha, and i wont hahaha )

anybody else having the circuit up and testing?

Greets JB

Vortex1

John, Exactly which circuit are you using or what schematic are you working from?

d3x0r

Quote from: JohnnBlade on May 09, 2014, 04:23:52 PM
Finally getting some high voltage :)

when rectifieng i get 7,8v when bulb is connected without bulb OL on meter.
when hooking up directly to the coil voltage is 22.7v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tOtGrWX9IU

i will do some more tests.  only thing is that my scope shot looks like crap, must be some disturbance going back to the mosfet, what can i do about that?

Greets JB
would help to know where your scope was...

Dally project (kapagen thing) used a tl494 as its base driver also...

from those expiraments,I find the best usage is to generate the shortest pulses that reach peek voltage a little and then drop off... this will be the lowest current draw; the lowest frequency that it can work at is also best, more ticks is more times current will flow.

If you have the duty cycle set to near 0.01% like... as you increase the frequency, you will have to lengthen the duty cycle to maintain ability to hit peek drive voltage

JohnnBlade

Quote from: Vortex1 on May 09, 2014, 06:20:04 PM
John, Exactly which circuit are you using or what schematic are you working from?

@Vortex,

Im using my circuit and using the components i showed in the image.

But nothing special sofare, till now circuit just acts as a cheap inverter circuit

Greets JB

JohnnBlade

Quote from: JohnnBlade on May 09, 2014, 09:42:01 PM
@Vortex,

Im using my circuit and using the components i showed in the image.

But nothing special sofare, till now circuit just acts as a cheap inverter circuit

Greets JB

so fare when i connect my scope its directly at the output of the signal gen ( pin 10/9 from ic1, or only pin 10 from ic2 ), with min connected, but when i hook up the scope to output i only use 1 wire cause im afraid i might fry my scope ( max dc voltage is 5v input of my dso)

Greets JB