Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Interesting Effect On Copper Rod

Started by Vortex1, May 09, 2014, 10:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamThinkBuild

Hi Vortex1,

This is something I have heard from reading about early telegraph operators in the 18 - 1900's when they were using dry cells and trying to boost the signal. They used a copper pipe/sheath to slide/adjust over a keying coil to create a "surexcitation"(?) in the output, their term.

Here is a patent from 1884 that mentions it:

297924 - Apparatus for the production and utilization of secondary electric currents.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/0297924.html
https://www.google.com/patents/US297924

On page 2, left side 85

Quote"A bundle of iron wires, f, may be placed in the center of the cylinder, enabling, by means of magnetic surexcitation upon the introduction or withdrawal of a cylindrical copper envelope, the graduation of the intensity of the current developed in the secondary wires."

I tried looking for what "surexcitation" means but the definitions are not related to anything electrical. If you go into Goolge books and type "surexcitation copper telegraph" you'll see some brief references to it but no real explanation.

I guess a simple test is to feed a signal into a coil with a cap and see how sliding a copper pipe over it changes the output. Wonder if this has some relationship to Akula's coil design?

-

In relation to the patent I wrote some code in Octave to try to match a physical test build. 25ft wire with 14Awg wire as the center and 21Awg running parallel to it. Then pulsed with a 16vdc, 6x3000F in series=500F ultracap bank @ 40hz with a mechanical switch to handle high current. My calculation is off somewhere though, but I attached it here if anyone is interested.

Cherryman

HI, my two cents.

I remember vaguely reading a pdf about Leedskalin's explanation about magnetism.

He gives a documented example how to make the strongest electro magnet. By inserting the coil and iron core in an iron pipe, one end capped.

The principle might be the same, but not sure if it would amplify it.
It might be you direct it.  (as a laser)  into one direction, thus create a higher efficiency.

Hoppy

Today I setup a basic Zatsarinina transformer experiment with a 12mm outside dia copper tube with 17 off 3E25 ferrite toroids. The inner copper rod was connected each end to various loads. The drive circuit is as shown below. The purpose of the experiment was to test load sharing effect on input current as prompted by this video.

My first test was to run a second wire conductor through the tube for a second load. Both loads were 12V filament lamps. Connecting the second lamp dimmed the first but showed no change of input current, as was observed in the video. My next test will be to insert the ferrite assembly into an air coil with multiple windings and conduct the experiment as shown in the video.

rc3po

I'm kinda new to OU stuff, but isn't the setup behaving as a transformer?
Were those toroid transformers that where stacked along the copper rod that was inserted into the big coil assembly?
Anyway, it's very interesting and doesn't look like it would be too expensive to duplicate.

MasterPlaster

Very Interesting.

Please someone post the schematic here. I can not get to it from where I am. (long story!)