Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

OK not to conventional

Started by raburgeson, May 14, 2014, 12:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: raburgeson on May 16, 2014, 12:54:30 AM
Compared to the price of a nuclear fuel rod it would be for free and it will not leave nuclear waste that gets stored forever in a pool that will remain dangerous for millions of years. They have plans to build storage that will cost billions and fail long before the waste is cold.And that will not contain all the waste we have accumulated.
I don't see the logical connection between thermite and nukes other than keywords that might get the folks in Bluffdale excited.  If you think that for its heat output thermite can be cost competitive with any fossil fuel then you can always test that idea by performing a cost breakdown.  Pick your preferred source of material supply and processing and pencil out the costs.  The refined light metal cost is a budget killer.  Zinc is probably your lowest cost choice. 

raburgeson

Fossil fuels are not even in the same category. I'm talking about the ability to produce heat to compete with nuclear power plants. You are talking about fuel that can't even warp a steel plate. 700 degrees VS 4200 degrees. Natural gas is needed to heat homes, water and cooking fires. There is not enough production of it to use it for electrical generation. We have to use something else. That is why I am still haunted. This can produce the calories to compete.

MarkE

Quote from: raburgeson on May 18, 2014, 09:50:47 PM
Fossil fuels are not even in the same category. I'm talking about the ability to produce heat to compete with nuclear power plants. You are talking about fuel that can't even warp a steel plate. 700 degrees VS 4200 degrees. Natural gas is needed to heat homes, water and cooking fires. There is not enough production of it to use it for electrical generation. We have to use something else. That is why I am still haunted. This can produce the calories to compete.
Don't confuse temperature with heat.

raburgeson

I'm not confused at all, it takes a high BTU rate to produce enough super heated steam to run the turbines at a nuclear plant. It's not just heat, it's the the ability to heat thousands of gallons of water fast enough to drive the turbines and do it cheaply. Why do you think they use nuclear rod for fuel? Look, not 1 idea to try, anyone thinking?

The government does not want this worked on. Anyone can handle the fuel until lit. There goes the monopoly! We will find out who is spooks on this one. They infiltrate everything from MUFON to here.

The rust is already oxidized and aluminum oxidizes instantly. There are no process costs oxidizing aluminum, it would cost a lot to keep it from oxidizing.