Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Infrared potential

Started by goofy, September 28, 2005, 01:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exnihiloest

Quote from: lanca II on August 04, 2006, 12:06:13 PM
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:PaulL:Thermodynamics
THZ-sphere,f.e.Dr.Helmut Reichelt
T-ray:a-/ether ?

S
  dL

A black body radiates but also absorbs Thz radiations coming from its surrounding environment. Both balance, that's why a black body in a room is at same temperature as the room.
If we place a lense to focuse radiations onto the black body, inversely the black body will radiate more throught the lense.
To get a temperature difference between the black body and its environment or between two black bodies, in order to run a conventional thermal engine, we could produce an anisotropy in the way of the inward/outward radiations but no today's materials permit such things.

PaulLowrance

Quote from: exnihiloest on August 27, 2006, 05:01:43 AM
Quote from: lanca II on August 04, 2006, 12:06:13 PM
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:PaulL:Thermodynamics
THZ-sphere,f.e.Dr.Helmut Reichelt
T-ray:a-/ether ?

S
  dL

A black body radiates but also absorbs Thz radiations coming from its surrounding environment. Both balance, that's why a black body in a room is at same temperature as the room.
If we place a lense to focuse radiations onto the black body, inversely the black body will radiate more throught the lense.
To get a temperature difference between the black body and its environment or between two black bodies, in order to run a conventional thermal engine, we could produce an anisotropy in the way of the inward/outward radiations but no today's materials permit such things.
Hi,

There are various methods that demonstrate this is already possible. Nature is the best example called the Dew Point effect. The clear night sky is 2.7 K, which is why horizontal surfaces cool down at night far faster than vertical surfaces. Also I wrote computer simulation software that showed me exactly how cones and parabolas would work. A lens will also work. If you focus T-rays coming from a square meter of surface onto 0.1 square meters then the 0.1 m^2 surface will become hot.

Although the simulation software is only in 2D space, it confirmed goofy experiment. I believe a 3D version would also confirm.

Presently I am working on technology that will allow T-rays to traverse through a special medium one direction, but reflect the other direction. This will allow up to 900 watts per m^2 of a very thin sheet.

Paul Lowrance

goofy

>so he's ending up with a rise as there is a higher concentration
>of photons at the small end

Exactly. That's all there is to it. The great solutions are the simplest to understand and take advantage of.

The Dew point effect is what got me investigating this.

>A black body radiates but also absorbs Thz radiations coming
>from its surrounding environment. Both balance, that's why a
>black body in a room is at same temperature as the room.
>If we place a lense to focuse radiations onto the black body,
>inversely the black body will radiate more throught the lense.

>To get a temperature difference between the black body and
>its environment or between two black bodies, in order to run
>a conventional thermal engine, we could produce an anisotropy
>in the way of the inward/outward radiations but no today's
>materials permit such things.

Concentrating the radiation onto the black body will heat it up. As it heats up it will return more and more until what it is returning is equal to what it is receiving. It's in equilibrium. But it's staying hotter, in violation of the second law.

If we set up an arrangement so that it would heat up and reach equalibrium but instead the heat can return more easily to the source through a heat engine, then instead of the heat radiating back it's flowing through a heat engine.

The reason for the funnel is that it's non-directional. The photons are leaving the black body in all directions, not in a steady beam, so a non-directional concentrator is called for. A lense would not work well unless the photon source was an intense point source.

I don't believe that heat engines actually consume heat, the heat just flows through it, but that question is inmaterial to this device. Hotter than ambient is hotter than ambient. If the heat source works then it doesn't matter how the heat engine works.

It's possible that polished aluminum does reflect better that gold. Polished Aluminum is very common compared to gold and I read in the literature about an infared thermometer that it's inaccurate when pointed at polished metal. I presume that you would get a temperature reading from the surfaces reflected in the metal instead of the temperature of the metal.

In future tests I will test both. Maybe they both work well down to a certain temperature and below that you need gold. Maybe aluminum is almost as good but way cheaper. That would be fine. Aluminum can be cheaply bought, shaped and polished.

I feel another experiment coming on.

profitis