Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Are partial monopoles possible?

Started by DreamThinkBuild, August 07, 2014, 08:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newton II

The word 'monopole' itself is meaningless.  It is only the direction of flux or direction of lines of force which determines the polarity.

When you consider magnetic flux as a 'line of force',  a line should have two ends.  One end is north pole and the other end is south pole. So, north and south poles will be present at all points in a magnetic field.  But the direction at north pole will be S-N projecting away from the pole and direction at south pole will be N-S projecting towards the the pole.

'Monopole' means a line with just one end and a line with just one end doesnot have existance.

DreamThinkBuild

Hi MarkE,

I agree with that, when you remove the magnet the two poles return on the nail. When the magnet is fixed over the nail though the entire nail reads north, the other pole is redirected.

Hi NewtonII,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's more redirecting the lines of force than monopole.

I know this may seem pretty simple to some but there is something interesting when you start to use thinner material like transformer laminates. When passing a magnet over the edge of a laminate with about 1mm-2mm spacing the laminate becomes N polarized. Multiple laminates can be wedged to focus the redirected pole at one end while a weaker field resides at the fanned end. This difference in magnetic field could be used.

gyulasun

Hi DreamThinkBuild,

Your photo labeled as FD.jpg shows an interesting motor idea if I am not mistaken? Suppose you populate the rotor (shown on the right hand side of the photo) with pole-wise properly positioned magnets, there would remain two sticky points? I assume these points would come about at every half turn of the rotor?
Why you name it 'magnet degausser'  I wonder.   :)

Thanks for showing these ideas.

Gyula

DreamThinkBuild

Hi Gyulasun,

Sorry for delay in reply. I'm still working on different designs. I called the other one the fancy magnet degausser :) because it has the same field pattern as the straight track which has become noticeably weakened over time. This is more of a test bed than functional.

Attached is the picture of the nail version, the brown stuff is just modeling clay, I made a miscalculation error so it doesn't friction hold so clay is used to keep the nails from moving.

I have some .5mm iron sheet which I will be using to make a new one to eliminate the large spacing between the nails. I'm seeing an interesting effect (pull in one direction) when not using repulsion but attraction, but the nails spacing is to large so it has discontinuity between breaks so it gates. It is like stair step effect. I'm doing more measurements so I have values to build a new model.